1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Tech Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by JMAD21, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I am an old Aggie (class of 1995). Now that we left the conference, I root for Tech in the Big XII. That is primarily because my stepson is a student at Tech.

2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Ya, it's kinda wierd. I have always hated A&M, but now that we won't play each other I'll be pulling or y'all in the sec. Probably because I live in Arkansas and their fans are such idiots it makes me hope you guys destroy them.

3. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

D line looks way bigger, and defense looks better...Although it's against Northwestern St so that's not saying much

4. jdh008

jdh008 Member

To each their own I guess. I guess there's truth in that. I grew up a baseball fan with only passing interest in football. This was due in large part to that fact that my formative years as a sports fan were years in which Houston did not have an NFL team. It was during this time that I started following the college game closely and I have to admit that he high-scoring nature of the sport attracted me.

But now I've graduated past being a casual football fan and I still prefer college football to the pro game. I watch waaaaaayyyyy more crappy college football on a weekly basis than I would like to admit, but I love it.

I also think that what you are describing about the Tech QBs (Symons and Cumbie) is part of what attracts others to the college game. If you have a system that works combined with good coaching, inferior talent can put up big numbers and win. It goes back to what we talked about in this very thread. Mike Leach did more with less in Lubbock on a consistent basis. Tuberville comes along, brings in great talent and has done less with more so far. Boise State, the Air Force Academy and Navy are other places where they have won with fewer resources.

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

^^

All true, but don't think that guys like Symons and Cumbie couldn't play... Their stats were increased because of the system but look at what Wash St did Thursday, in a leach system they didn't even score a TD!

I love Leach's offense but I hate it when people act like tech's QB's weren't extreamily talented under leach... Especially Graham Herral! He has a good enough arm to be an NFL QB but because people give the "system" all the credit he wasn't even drafted....

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Any TxSt fans here??? Those guys are talking crap on the ESPN chat! They think they gotta shot tomwin this one lol

7. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

TxSt alum alum here. Proud to be a Bobcat.

And I think Tech will destroy 'em. Beating UofH was great and all, but Big 12 football is a whole different ball 'o wax. I'm not optimistic.

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Your fanbase (at least a select few) are embarrassing themselves on the espn chat... Personally, I think you guys are headed in the right direction and in a few years should be solid, especially in the WAC!

Hope it's an entertaining game, but sure will be nice if Tech shuts some of those guys up. We'll have to play a good game though, I don't think it'll be a cake walk.

9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i dont think the espn chat rooms are an accurate representation of anyone's fanbase... everyone's a moron there.

btw, txst alum... will be at the game and fully expect to get slaughtered.

10. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Agreed.

And agreed.

:grin:

11. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Hmmmm. Sounds a lot like another college football game thread from last week. Hmmmm what could that have been...

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

That's probably true, I just get on there and try to talk football with other fans. Just didn't expect a small school (in terms of athletics) fan base to be so arrogant... But like you said, it probably doesn't reflect how most of them are.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You do realize this is like one of the biggest things to happen to our athletic department in like forever, right? We humbly apologize that some of our fans are acting like idiots on an ESPN message board, even though I think you agree to do that when you accept their EULA.

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Lol ya I get all that, and I've said many times in their that I respect the way you guys are building your program the right way... It's agrivating when someone is talking a bunch of crap, but then ignores people's replies when they try to talk football with him.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

San Marcos knows their fate. They've already sold out of tickets for the losers party on the square.

EAT EM UP!

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Where are you going to be? Still thinking about going to tailgate with some old college friends, but I have to pick up my sister at AUS at 3:20, so don't know if I'm going to make it there before that.

17. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Just got my tickets to the game in San Marcos. I'm pretty stoked. Eat em up Cats!

18. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

And I fully expect them to lose but hey who thought they would beat uh

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Won't be able to make a game for another month. I'm working Saturdays until I start my new job.

20. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Techs defense is looking really good. I know the schedule has been very easy and obviously they're really not the #1 defense but it's safe to say this defense is much improved. I think they should finish in the top 40ish that would be huge.

Tech/OU should be a close game. I do think Tech wins in a defensive battle!