1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas BBQ

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Ah, come on, man, hook a brother up...."

2. Buck Turgidson

FranchiseBlade and NewRoxFan like this.
  3. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I tried Eaker BBQ when I went to the Texans game (they had a "Food Truck of the Week" thing there. I didn't get any slices, but they had brisket fries and they were pretty good (seasoned fries, with brisket, sauce, sour cream, bacon, jalapenos). Kind of interesting to try something not so traditional with some BBQ flare. They had their full menu, but I didn't feel like getting something too big while sitting at a game.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I've been to Tejas three times and each time had the Chile Relleno sausages. The last visit I got there early enough to try the Burnt Ends (seems those sell out first). The desserts are awesome too... the chocolate bread pudding and the kolaches are awesome. Their soups are even good (I had the posole).

tinman likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Buck Turgidson

Thanks for the reminder: I've got all the stuff I just need to fire up the grinder and stuffer and make some.

I've heard nothing but great things about those guys, it's on the list of places to try next time I'm in Htown.

8. Roscoe Arbuckle

"Burnt Ends" are a KC thing.

9. Buck Turgidson

What the hell are you talking about?

tinman likes this.
  10. Roscoe Arbuckle

11. Buck Turgidson

No. I'm just curious what KC burnt ends have to do with anything?

Steak au poivre is from France, but that has zero **** to do with this conversation.

12. Roscoe Arbuckle

I said burnt ends are a KC thing. You can enjoy them all you like. It doesn't make my statement untrue.

Just because you don't know food history doesn't mean you should mock someone who told you accurately where it came from.

13. Buck Turgidson

I still can't figure out why you are you bringing up burnt ends to me? You initially did it in out of the blue in response to 2 others of us talking about a sausage recipe from a bbq place in Houston that I wanted to recreate.

Let it go and go to bed, walk away, man.

14. Roscoe Arbuckle

You responded to this comment. "I've been to Tejas three times and each time had the Chile Relleno sausages. The last visit I got there early enough to try the Burnt Ends (seems those sell out first). The desserts are awesome too... the chocolate bread pudding and the kolaches are awesome. Their soups are even good (I had the posole)."

Look up the page.

15. Buck Turgidson

Huh, gotcha, you obviously weren't following the whole conversation. That's understandable. We were talking about (I feel like I'm repeating myself for you alone) a specific sausage recipe. That's all. FYI: Burnt ends can be delicious, pulled pork can be cooked in Texas, Kolaches are from Central Europe (and what you think are "kolache" are not even real "kolache"), fajitas were invented by Mexicans, so, as I said...good on you, go to bed.

leroy likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

Tejas chocolate company is in Tomball and was at the Texas Monthly BBQ fest, I enjoyed their samples very much.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

I know. Houston area=Tomball afai.care

I really want to hit that place. I apologize for whatever part I played in fatty-ing up this thread.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

I figure he was the bbq expert and knew about this place, oh well. I guess I'm going to just read Daniel Vaughn's articles

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

utah jazz = TX bbq chicken.

20. Buck Turgidson

Crazy question...

Speaking of BBQ wastelands...there is not much around the Highland Lakes worth a damn other than catered stuff done on site. The meat's easy, though I am going to make a couple of new sausages the next time I make the usuals.

What kinds of interesting newish sides have you come across?