1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Training Camp/ Pre-season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Jul 26, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...ans-vs-Cowboys-What-to-watch-for-13191631.php

Here's a look at five situations to watch:

1. Joe Webb

Many NFL teams don't keep three quarterbacks, but Webb's versatility warrants a strong shot at earning a roster spot and potentially a game-day role this season. Webb is the only quarterback in the NFL who can contribute on several special teams units and even play wide receiver in a pinch. He is a unique performer.

2. Troymaine Pope

The undersized running back has provided a spark as a kick returner and proven that he can make big plays out of the backfield as a receiving threat. Has he done enough make the team? A big game against the Cowboys could push him over the top. Currently, he's a long shot. If the Texans keep fullback Jay Prosch, then Pope is unlikely to make the team.

3. Inside linebacker

The Texans have some quality depth at this spot behind starters Benardrick McKinney and Zach Cunningham. Brian Peters and Dylan Cole are locks, but Josh Keyes and Kennan Gilchrist aren't. Keyes is useful in kick coverage and a big hittter on defense. Gilchrist is extremely rangy on defense. There are scenarios where neither Keyes or Gilchrist makes the team because the Texans are so well-stocked at linebacker, including outsde linebackers Jadeveon Clowney, Whitney Mercilus, Brennan Scarlett and rookie Duke Ejiofor (Alief Taylor).

4. Wide receiver

The Texans are expected to keep six wide receivers: DeAndre Hopkins, Will Fuller, Bruce Ellington, Keke Coutee, Braxton Miller and Sammie Coates. They're also looking around the NFL for potential depth additions. Ideally, the Texans will be able to get speedy undrafted rookie Vyncint Smith on their practice squad if he's released. He may not clear waivers, though, after displaying flashes as a deep threat. This represents another chance for Smith to prove himself.

5. Tight end

Stephen Anderson hasn't practiced this week and appears to be on the outside looking in as the Texans will likely just keep three tight ends: Ryan Griffin, Jordan Thomas and Jordan Akins.

theimpossibles1 and Mr. Clutch like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/24503312/jalen-ramsey-man-mouth-legend

When pressed, Ramsey doles out praise as gamely as insults. He's a fan of Antonio Brown -- "He's easily the best receiver in the NFL. Easily," he says -- and DeAndre Hopkins. "He's had freaking 100 quarterbacks -- all trash," he says. "I could be his quarterback. I could literally be his quarterback." When Ramsey says "literally," his drawl seeps into the word and it expands like a sponge: "liiiiht-er-uh-ly." (Hopkins returns the praise, calling Ramsey one of the best defensive players in the league. He adds, smiling: "He's probably the most talkative cornerback in the NFL.")

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Ramsey definitely speaking facts about all of Hop’s qbs (minus DW4 of course).

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Haha, man, I love Jalen Ramsey. Dude doesn't give a **** about anyone or anything.

Fulgore likes this.
  5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Yep.

He can talk to because he’s the best in the league right now.

Fulgore likes this.
  6. theimpossibles1

Talk is cheap.

7. HstnSprtsFan101

Hate that I like the guy lol. The best and he knows it.. can’t cover Hop though!

8. conquistador#11

I just thank the gods that the Astros don't have a day off so I won't be tempted to flip the channel to this game 4 for even a sec.
    eady for next Thursday!

9. theimpossibles1

I'm also eady for next Thursday!

And next Sunday, which is when we will play!

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Underrated post!

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  11. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

i def think they need to release Braxton miller and get another quality Receiver on the released market.. also suprised no RB mentioned (I think were bad in RB)

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Watch out Nick Martin

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Mancz has looked good

conquistador#11 likes this.
  15. Nimo

Nimo Member

I thought Simon was playing well.

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Hopefully the Aaron Donald deal paves the way for Clowney.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Pats latest 53 man prediction. Im okay with this one.

19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Chachere and Decoud already gone.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

So is Shane