1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 31, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2020.
  1. YES

5.6%
  2. NO

94.4%
  1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

He was going to sign until they told him, Clowney has said that himself.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

When was he going to sign?

How do you know trade would still be on table.

Dont answer without specific times. Please and thank you

3. gucci888

What if Clowney signed the tag but was dealt during the draft for a guy like Dillard. Is that dirty pool ? Does BoB lose trust of the lockerroom then?

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Franchised players would have communication with the teams and the possibility of being dealt. Frank Clark was dealt to the Chiefs before the draft. There was no way Clowney or Clark would sign their tags before the draft, unless they were going to a team in a trade that was acceptable. Plus, they still had to July 15th to sign a long term contract. So your scenario is not possible.

5. gucci888

Dude whether the trade was still been on the table is irrelevant. You keep saying over and over that telling Clowney he was going to be dealt to Miami was the only way he was going to sign when Clowney himself said he was about to until he was told.

You say you don’t want to argue ifs and buts but you’re the only one bringing them up. We actually know the deal was still on the table when Clowney met with Flores in Miami.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So im right you're guessing

Yall hate is so stupid you think he just messed up the trade for no reason. He just told him

7. gucci888

So you think we got good value for Clowney?

You are right. He just told him. Maybe it was the right thing to do, who knows. What we do know is by telling him, Clowney said hell no and a deal BoB had negotiated and wanted fell through.

#987 gucci888, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  8. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Clowney was quoted saying he wanted to stay and play for the Texans. He was willing to sign under those circumstances. Quotes are located somewhere between page 1 and page 50. :)

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Brro they wanted Tunsil. They tried to get him in a trade. Clowney had to be signed to traded

You dont know because your scenario of messing it up for no reason is stupid only backed up by BoB hatred

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

But he had to be signed to be traded. You don't know if he had time to wait.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I'm going to say this. Trading Clowney to Seattle and getting Martin and Conley (indirectly) has been big for the Texans. Martin is a developing pass rusher. However, Conley is the big deal here. He has become the #2 CB opposite Roby that the Texans needed as JJo aged before our eyes.

pgabriel and Commodore like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

The Clowney trade was bad for the Texans because they did not properly handle him and dealt him when his value was the worst. They had to pay half of his contract this year and received the same draft pick slot they would have gotten when he left as a free agent.

I suppose the one argument that could be made was that BOB is good at controlling team culture and he decided that Clowney didn't fit...... so he traded him for what he could simply because he didn't want him on the field or in practice.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Beat that dead horse! Beat it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Texans forum beating the Clowney dead horse
    GARM beating the Chris Paul dead horse
    Astros forum ... well they're just beating trash cans. ;)

pgabriel likes this.
  14. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Huh? I've never said one negative thing concerning BoB other than he could be more creative on offense (one time). Please check all of my old postings to verify this. I wasn't messing anything up, just reporting that Clowney was quoted saying this by local media (a reported fact, not my personal conjecturing). Actually I was trying to help clear things up...geeez. I have no way of knowing Clowney's veracity concerning this issue, or if it was just Agent speak. But he was quoted.

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

My bad, i think i quoted the wrong post

17. Mr. Space City

A other neutral zone infraction for clowney

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He beat the eagles by himself.

But the rest of the Seahawks need to do something

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I saw Clowney in Pearland yesterday at Lotus Seafood picking up some food in his Mercedes S 63