1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade for Brandin Cooks

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by zeeshan2, Apr 9, 2020.

1. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I don't get it, yall clearly hate the Texans, this is the point of offseason where nothing is happening yet yall constantly make the saem comments day in and day out. it doesn't really matter what the Texans yall are gonna hate it and say bob is dumb

I am not saying yall are wrong in your opinion but that's a lot of passion and time investment for a team that you have written off? why is that?

2. CallMeTheDream

The new receiving corps has potential with the philosophy “who’s getting the ball,” and Watson spreading it around but don’t see it going much further than that. O’Brien in 7 years has shown zero ability to scheme up anything other than more ways to somehow keep his job. I’d love to be proven wrong just ONCE by this guy, but why should we expect different?

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

My fellow poster were u completely isolated from the media/internet during this pandemic? Nothing is happening? We literally traded hopkins for sht and a broken down rb, signed and traded a bunch of second tier wr to replace hopkins and many more. Offseason is where stuff happens and u probably see more hatred/attacks since its a pandemic, where most r abidin by the stay at home orders.

Gauging the forum, most just hate BoB for his mediocre abilities over the past 6 years, some hate the owners for enabling mediocrity. And u have the rare few like scarface, always ready to ride BoB dck and defend the man at all cost.

Honestly feel that if we fired BoB b4 hopkins trade, we still have a chance to b great. Now its quite debatable

TheRealist137 likes this.
  4. body slam

body slam Member

why did you mention Brees, Brady, and even Goff but not Watson?

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

More importantly are the coaches. Brees & Brady are Hall of Fame QBs with Payton, Belichek & McDaniels calling the shots. McVay is with Goff and he's already a better coach than Billy Bob. Watson can't do it alone and Billy Bob as GM and HC isn't going to cut it.

Nook likes this.
  6. raining threes

The Texans wr corps will be better than last year.

More speed and the best slot this team has ever had. Cobb is an above average slot not great. I think this says more about the Texans drafting over the past decade than anything else.

awc713 likes this.
  7. raining threes

Who did the Colts beat that was more talented?

8. raining threes

Good thing is they can renegotiate Cooks contract after this season at a lower price and give him guaranteed money. All of his guaranteed money runs out after this yr.

If WFV stays healthy and perfor.s well, what do you pay him, or do you let him walk and spend his.money elsewhere?

9. Nook

Nook Member

Personally I would fear paying Fuller or Cooks a lot of guaranteed money going forward because of injury concerns.

Problem is then the Texans are stuck going into the free agent market to replace them or trading assets to acquire help via trade or using draft picks on receivers.

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Broncos

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Brandin Cooks has a 20 page thread? Brandin Cooks is the man!

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The new Jerry Rice!

13. raining threes

I would sign Cooks to a renegotiated contract and let WFV walk. I would also re-sign Stills.

14. raining threes

That was 5 years ago and then they preceded to get blown out by the Pats in the next game.

Wasn't Tebpw the QB?

The better QB won

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

@ $10 million this year Fuller should have been traded this offseason.
    When are you going to sign Cooks? Now? With the concussion Risk? Or do you let him have fantastic year and do it then?
    If you wait his new deal is could ironically be in the $17-$20 million per year range.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

No that was the high flying broncos with Manning

17. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

jerry rice wishes

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  18. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I meant nothing is happening right now as in post draft. All the moves were made before that, everyone decided bob sucks his moves suck all these players suck.. I am just wondering if that has been well established then why keep hashing on the same thing? I get that some times people feel like they have to respond to absurd bob backing but if the stance has been taken, why are these threads still getting so many comments?

I am not saying they should stop, just curious as to why there are still so many comments being made

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

They beat the 12-4 broncos in mile high stadium (tough environment) to advance to the AFC championship game. Major upset.

When other AFC south teams face more talented teams in the Playoffs, they put up a fight or win (colts vs broncos, jags vs steelers, titans vs ravens)

When the Texans (BoB) face more talented teams in the Playoffs, they get dominated, embarrassed, and humiliated. Did you forget that the Chiefs beat the Texans at home 30-0 in the Playoffs? . I repeat, Chiefs THIRTY, Texans ZERO. He has gotten ripped apart by the Patriots and this past year the Chiefs once again.

but you are just a BoB defender who accepts barely scraping wins against mediocre teams like the Bills & Raiders in the playoffs.

DatRocketFan and YOLO like this.
  20. Fantasma Negro