1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

This is definitely one of the worst trades i've heard of... in any sport. David Johnson is broken down and will still cost us dead money to cut next year if he doesn't play well ...which he hasn't since 2016. On top of that we just gave up the best wr in football who is durable as hell and still young; just hitting his best years. I have no words. a 2nd round pick doesn't do it; Hopkins was 1st round value at least. I am so sick and disgusted. BOB has ruined football for me. I just can't understand anyone who would defend this trade. Giving away Clowney and now Hopkins for peanuts is just unforgivable and will set this franchise back years. How did it come to this? We now have zero reliable wrs; we just created a huge problem at another position. We still have major work to do at DB and O-line. WTF?

#521 Aruba77, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The football world as a whole is in shock with the Texans stupidity. Carlos Hyde is better than DJ at this point and is a 3 down back -- he caught 70+ balls with San Fran. This move is just insane.

B-Bob and conquistador#11 like this.
  3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

4. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Actually kind of happy for Nuke, even if he did cause this trade in some way. Texans are a train-wreck of a franchise and players past and present deserve better. So much wasted talent on this team.

5. shorerider

shorerider Member

I'm convinced there whoever is authorizing the trade decisions is actually the owner of another team. Nothing else could explain this level of stupidity.

Kim and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I've had DJ on my fantasy team since he was a rookie -- in 2016 he was the best in the league, but it has been nothing but injuries since then. Reminds me of Arian's sudden and massive drop off just with fewer big seasons or even Earl's short career as a stud. DJ may be healthy again but he will break down after a few good games -- to trade a legit HOFer in his prime for him is the most insane move I've ever seen.

conquistador#11 and B-Bob like this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i've never wanted to see a coach fired more than i do BOB. I have never wanted an owner to sell a pro sports franchise more than i want Cal McNair to sell the Texans ...preferably not to Tilman Fertitta. This is so freaking soul-crushing and criminal. I'm gonna ask someone to kick me in the nutts just to take my mind off the pain i feel right now.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Frickin NO'brain is a damn SABOTEUR!!!
    He is single-handedly destroying the Texans and I blame the McNairs for allowing it to happen!!! :mad:

I can't believe that we (Houston) have a trifecta of buffoon owners!!!

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

conquistador#11 likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

"GeNeRaTe ClIcKs"

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. conquistador#11

Loved Le Batard's tweet.
    (Joker burning money gif)

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I heard the trade isn't official until Wednesday. Does that mean if we riot and overthrow BoB, we can renege the trade?

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

At this point, I'm convinced Cal McNair is nothing more than paper mache of a few stock holdings held together with trust fund papers. There's no way a man sitting on top of an NFL franchise can be THIS complacent and incompetent.

mikol13 and conquistador#11 like this.
  17. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Loving the avatar :D

J.R. likes this.
  18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I was happy about the resigning of Bradley Roby, very much so but this makes zero sense...I mean we all got blindsighted . Maybe Dhop wasn’t happy and made it known so I guess he had to be moved .idk just seems like a bad move

19. conquistador#11

I'm Cal Mcnair, I have some linen off white pants with a gun beltbuckle on (i actually do) . You're B.O.B, sell me on this idea you have on trading the co-greatest receiver this franchise has seen at only 27yrs old? goo.... and you can't use your time in NE or the words Tom Brady to convince me.

20. blackistan

blackistan Member

I would love if Deshaun requested a trade that's the only thing that would teach BOB a lesson...no good players deserve to play for this trash franchise we've wasted the careers of AJ, Watt, DHop and now are doing the same with Deshaun. The owner is just as much at fault if not more since he's allowing this all to happen. This franchise has NO hope. I really hope the fans realize that the only we can show our disgust is to NOT follow/support this team. I know this is difficult for most but its the only way to get ownership and management attention.