1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TEXANS TRADE BROCK OSWEILER TO CLEVELAND BROWNS

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I could see an argument for it but he was a full on game manager by 2010 and there's also an argument that he was just along for the ride provided by that sick running game KC had that season. When you have best in the NFL run production, it makes the QB's job pretty easy....and his numbers still weren't great completing only 58.2% of his passes.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's fairly likely that he'll be better under Jackson's offense than he was under BOB's but the real question is if he'll be better than what the Texans have this season. That would be the real kick in the balls that should lead to BOB's seat getting red hot.

justtxyank likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If he plays well for Cleveland...and by well I don't mean record I mean he actually PLAYS well...that should be the end of OBrien.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Unless Watson turns out to be really good

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Watson is unlikely to play this season and if he does, he's even less likely to play well given the system that he won't know and the aspects of his game that requires improvement to play at an NFL level. Really when we're talking about QB performance this season, it's most likely that we're talking about Savage or Weeden.

8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with that. I do see Osweiler being better than he was here because of the complex offense run here and less pressure to lead a team to the Superbowl but I don't see him making much of any improvement.

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Osweiller could easily do better next season and still be garbage. He was that bad.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Not that you were attacking me or anything but I didn't say he would be good. I totally agree with you.

11. conquistador#11

before the season started last year, I said I would have been elated with 3,500 yards and 21 tds with 16 ints from brock because this offense is just tough to run for what was basically a rookie. It's one thing to be in the nfl for three seasons riding the bench and quite the other going in to the real thing. But the complexity of this offense is what lured Brock in, along with his vendetta against elway. Brock couldn't handle it, the new receivers couldn't get off press coverage and everything imploded. He's no longer a Texan so I don't care what he does.

I do care that our Dear Watson evolves into the Brady UGG boot offense and not just thrown in there. It has to happen gradually. Otherwise it could be failure.

12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I think you should care what Brock does because if he shines, not dating he will, then BOB could be on his way out. With a new coaching staff everything could look different come 2018

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Is there a person on earth that watched Brock for an extended period of time last year and thinks he could EVER amount to anything in this league?

14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

If he starts week 1 you have an answer

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Brock Osweiler has "impressed" at Browns OTAs.

One player told Schefter that he "wouldn't be surprised if Brock is QB1 heading into camp in July." Cody Kessler opened OTAs as the starter, but Osweiler, by all accounts, has been the most impressive quarterback in Browns practices. Some of the local media isn't buying into the hype, however, as ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi believes rookie DeShone Kizer is "gaining on" Osweiler and Kessler. This competition will carry over into preseason action.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He can be impressive enough for some people to give him a $72 million contract.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Brock is going to have a great year in Cleveland and I'm going to cry lol.

18. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

it's not possible for a QB to prosper in Cleveland, that's a fact.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What I'm worried about is if it is possible for a QB to truly prosper in Houston with BOB as head coach.

20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

True but we really haven't had anyone that was good, only average QB's. We'll see what happens with Watson.