1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans to sign Patrick Ramsey

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by liamrock, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He basically thinks Schaub will be injured again, which isn't a stretch.

Then you said : "if something happens two times, then it will happen every year until the end of eternity."

A little different.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He didn't say he thinks Schaub will be injured again. He said he knew Schaub would be injured again. Do you not understand the difference in the words think and know?

No, it's not. If he knows it's going to happen next year, why would it just happen next year and not every subsequent year? If the last two years have proven that Schaub definitely will be hurt next year, then the logical extension of that would be that he would be injured in following years too, would it not? Why would the probability of Schaub being injured in 2009 be any different than the probability of him being injured in 2010, 2011 and others?

If you claim to know know he's going to be injured one year, it would be completely illogical to have a different expectation for any other year, short of a bizarre scheduling quirk, declining or ascending offensive line play, etc.

By the way, your obsession with me is hilarious, dude. For months you've constantly challenged me on minute details, typically irrelevant to the larger theme of the discussion, yet you conveniently change someone else's phrasing from "know" to "think." Good stuff.

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i'm a fan of the move. Low-cost, essentially replacing Sage with another Sage who doesn't have the issues of having to face the fans after last year. (Maybe there's a marginal downgrade to Ramsey, but frankly, I don't care.. it was gonna be a problem if Sage was the QB for a long time, and it'll be a problem if Ramsey is the man long-term. Either way, gotta bank on Schaub at this point)

Given that slight difference, I don't think it matters, and I'm much happier with a 4th rndr added.

4. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

As a Redskins fan I'll always root for Ramsey. He's a tough son of a b**** that has a cannon...but he's gun shy now. Thank Spurrier.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Okay, he did say know, but if you are going to be literal with the guy, then set the same standard on your own posts. YOU said "if a guy gets injured twice then he will be injured every year until the end of eternity." Are you implying that Schaub will play football ever year until the end of the universe? To imply that Schaub is immortal is ridiculous, dude.

His point isn't that he is psychic. If he was, he'd be in Vegas betting against the Texans. He used hyperbole, but his point is that Schaub is injury prone. If I was picking a fight with him, I would honestly make that disctinction. I mean, why didn't you ask him to prove his psychic abilities?

Kind of like pgabs said, I just find it amusing how you spin stuff sometimes. Disagreeing with you on how injury prone Schaub is isn't minute. I don't even think the Texans are as sure about his durability as you seem to be.

And honestly, it's probably been about 6 months since I've responded to you. So how have I "constantly" challenged you? To me, "constantly" implies responding to every single one of your posts. I don't even log on here every day, so how can I be doing it "constantly?" (see what happens when you take every work literally to spin your argument)

6. TheBigAristotle

Decent signing. It was in accordance with the prophecy (Russell Baxter), so it's sorta neat to see it come true.

7. JamesC

JamesC Member

That sounds eerily similar to David Carr.

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I like Ramsey. Never thought he's gotten a fair shake, but at the same time, I don't think he's ever truly siezed the opportunities he's had.

9. The Cat

Except I wasn't talking about Schaub directly in that analogy; I was using a hypothetical to assert how ridiculous the principle was.

Likewise, I find it amusing that you routinely (and often, incorrectly) infer my beliefs based on one two-line response. I'm not at all sold on Matt Schaub's durability. I don't think he'll miss five games again because those were partially on fluke hits. However, I do expect him to miss time. I just don't claim to know it or think it's close to 100% just because it's happened in two seasons.

By the way, remember the last time you were amused by my "spin" on Matt Schaub? That worked out pretty well for you.

10. The Cat

By the way, to get this thread back on track, does anyone know if the thread title is accurate? There seem to be very differing accounts from the National Football Post, who scooped this and implies it's a done deal, and the Chronicle, which basically only says that the Texans met with him. And it's not like the Chronicle typically plays these things conservative; remember, they nailed the Rosenfels trade as a done deal on Monday, four days before it was official and well before any other outlet.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I still don't see anywhere that the Texans are going to sign this guy.

Misleading thread title.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why must the TEXANS . . .just *give* the QB spot to someone everyyear
    Why do they never have *any* competition

I think it breeds a sense of entitlement and no sense of a need to improve at the QB Spot

I think If Carr was pushed more. . .he could have done more
    instead. . they Knighted him Starter . . .and he sucked
    no matter how hard he sucked. . he knew he would not lose his job
    now
    they doing the same thing to Schaub

Rocket River

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

The difference is Schaub hasn't done anything to warrant needing to be pushed for the starting job. When he's not injured from illegal hits, he's a very efficient QB. Carr, on the other hand, was never efficient.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Carr was a Rook coming out of college
    he needed pushing

Schuab was a backup with a high rep but nothing else
    His body of work was questionable

Rocket River