1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans sign TJ Yates

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by NewRoxFan, Nov 3, 2017.

1. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

TJ knows the playbook and has actually won us something.. I give him a little benefit of the doubt.. personally I'd rather have TJ then Kap.. Kap is too much of a distraction while trying to run a football team. Teams not signing him cause he's a distraction (which he is) Kap is just not that good anymore...simple as that. Too far removed from his rookie year. He was great before he became offended at the oppression of something he was blabbing on about. His head is not in it.. he should go do some social work somewhere if he wants to make a difference.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What killed Kap as a QB was the league adjusting to the read option. As soon as that happened, he was done and that happened before his moronic protests started. If anything the protests are the only reason you are still hearing his name talked about.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

White flag.

Fulgore likes this.
  4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Tj is hot garbage. Look at his stats.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

At this point the only thing available is hot garbage and hot garbage with AIDS. Yates is a decent enough pickup under those circumstances.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Yep. All 3 of those guys put together are not better than Kap. But they are "safe".

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

Savage won't be the starter very long because he is not mobile enough to make it behind this OLine.

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

Safe how Yates is the only one that is mobile enough to not get destroyed behind this O Line.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL what an embarrassing man crush to have. It seems like Kap is the new Vince Young when it comes to being the scrub hero of a certain group of "Texans fans"

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Nah Kaep would get a look if the D was top 3. We don't need the distraction in what would normally be a tank season if we had picks.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think he'd get a look no matter what unless he became a MUCH better player or managed to completely eliminate the off the field stuff. You can't suck at football AND be a distraction off the field if you hope to make it in the NFL. It's pretty clear now that he sucks at football now that the league caught up to the read option so that is off the table and given that he's now suing the NFL, I don't think the distraction part is going away any time soon either.

As to the Texans season, as soon as Watt and Mercilus went down it was pretty clear they weren't going anywhere special, so the season has been a bust for quite a while now. With Watson down, well, it makes it even worse, but it's not like the Texans were a contender before the Watson injury.

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

The only embarrassing thing on this board is you. Agree or disagree with Kap I don't really give a s*** but if you think there is an active qb on the Texans roster that's better than Kap then you're borderline insane. Coming from you that's not a surprise.

eric.81 likes this.
  13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Texans are dedicating this season to their fans remember that you ungrately people lol

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Faster than the other 2 scrubs but he's still a turtle.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Given that you are one of those "Texans fans", it doesn't surprise me that you overrate Kap for political reasons....but it's also why your opinion holds so little weight when it comes to these kinds of things.

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Operation terminate O'Brien in full swing.

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lol. So you question if I'm a Texans fan because I want the best qb on the market to play for the Texans? Gotcha. If I recall correctly you said in the preseason it would be funny if DW4 got hurt so it could "shut his fans up". But you question if I'm a Texans fan? Keep those hot takes coming as usual lol.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I question your competence since you seem to think that the "best QB on the market" is an absolute scrub QB who comes with a ridiculous amount of off the field baggage. I mean, I understand that baggage is the reason you've convinced yourself that he's the "best QB on the market", but that's...well, special.

As to what I said in preseason, you are taking what I said out of context in order to change the meaning of what I said....which isn't a surprise given your history. What I said is that it would be funny if Watson was the one that got hurt given that everyone kept talking about Savage getting hurt. See how that's different in context? No, you probably don't, but it wouldn't be difficult for anyone that matters to see the difference.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Don't bother arguing with boobythegreat aka The Savage Dick Rider, he dislike anyone who kneels in protest, if u take a knee during da national anthem then u automatically suck in his eyes.
    Idk if he's racist either but he certainly not a true Texan fan

Fulgore likes this.
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So the 3 qbs we have are better than Kap? A guy who threw 16 tds and 4 int with some of the worst weapons in the NFL? If any of those scrubs ever throw 16tds in a season make sure you let me know.