1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Sign QB Nall.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by BmwM3, Oct 30, 2007.

1. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/sports/5257820.html

Texans sign QB Nall as cover for ailing Schaub

By JOHN McCLAIN
    Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

The Texans have signed veteran quarterback Craig Nall as insurance for quarterback Matt Schaub, who suffered a concussion in the San Diego game and probably won't play against Oakland.

With Sage Rosenfels expected to start against the Raiders, the Texans needed a veteran who has enough experience to play in case something happens to Rosenfels.

Schaub should be healthy enough to return to the lineup for the New Orleans Saints, who visit Reliant Stadium after the Texans' bye week.

The Texans have been carrying two quarterbacks on the active roster, but Schaub's most recent injury has forced them to make other moves at that position. They signed Shane Boyd to the practice squad last week.

Nall was Green Bay's fifth-round pick in 2002. He was drafted by Texans offensive coordinator Mike Sherman, who was the Packers' head coach at the time. Nall was waived by Buffalo on Oct. 19.

"(The offense) is pretty familiar after being with (Sherman) for four years in Green Bay," Nall said on Tuesday. "I got a chance to look at it last night. It doesn't seem much different, especially in the passing game. The terminology is different. The run game is very different, so I'll have to catch up on it. But overall as a system, I hope I can pick it up very quick, and I'm confident I will."

Nall played at LSU and later transfered to Northwestern State. To make room on the roster for Nall, the Texans waived receiver Harry Williams.

The Texans also will move rookie offensive tackle Brandon Frye from the practice squad to the regular roster today. They'll have to make another move to clear a spot for Frye on the roster. Williams will be re-signed to the practice squad to replace Frye.

Anyone have INFO on this guy?

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Hmm, a new deck chair for the Titanic...