1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans select D'onta Foreman, RB, Texas at 3-25

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Apr 28, 2017.

?

What do you think?

1. Love it?

122 vote(s)
    62.6%
  2. Like it?

57 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Hate it?

16 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Fire Keith Jones!

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Derrick Johnson tore his in December 2016 and was back by training camp. Demaryius Thomas tore his in February 2011 and was miraculously activated that September. Pretty nuts.

But this will be a long long road for Foreman. Hope he can bounce back and have a fruitful career.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Foreman will just have to drop some weight to maintain his speed.

4. texian

texian Member

Foreman has an uphill battle ahead of him. He had the stress fracture in his foot when drafted and was regularly mentioned as having conditioning issues, which often means guys aren't doing their recovery work the body needs.

He's going to have to show up a different guy than the one who walked into the building. Maybe he'll rehab with Watson and some of his dedication rubs off on Foreman?

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

With Watson, Watt, Mercilus, Fuller, and Foremam; the Texans are working on a pro bowl team on the injury list

tinman and TheRealist137 like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah, like our own little "Frankenteam".

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Does any other team come close to the Texans in terms of the number of starters they have lost to injury?

9. Nigel Thornberry

The Houston Astros

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You guys are being awfully dramatic. I ruptured my achilles in March playing soccer. I started playing again in late August. I didn’t have surgery. Just rest for the first 8 weeks with some minor rehab while in a boot. Then more aggressive rehab once the tendon had grown back and reattached. You lose your calf muscle almost completely. That’s all I’m still struggling with but I’m playing regularly. I just can’t do a proper layup because I still can’t jump off only my left foot.

He absolutely can come back from this. He’ll likely have surgery this week. He’ll he in a cast for a few and then a walking boot. He should be rehabbing by Feb. This is not anywhere near career threatening. The tendon, with proper care, can be just as strong as before.

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Hopkins needs to be suspended with pay for the rest of the season. Every game that he plays for the remainder of this season is conduct detrimental to the team. No new injuries!

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Hope you're right. Derrick Johnson came back just as strong after his first achilles injury and was back from his 2nd 9 months later and still playing at a very high level. Demaryius Thomas was back after 7 months and had his best YPC followed by 5 straight seasons of 1000+ yards. Suggs and Crabtree also made it back pretty quickly We really don't have a notable return for RBs which is the scary part but let's hope Foreman is the first.

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This is definitely career threatening. At the pro level you can't lose a quarter of a step and not be in jeopardy of losing your job. Hopefully he bounces back but it is not a given.

BTW, best of luck with your injury.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

we all gonna act like you didn't just compare your athletic ability and level of competition with foreman's and the nfl?!?!

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Aw Jeez! He was trying to explain to all of the "nervous Nellies" around here that this injury - while serious - is a completely recoverable one. At no time did he insinuate that what he was doing is on the same level as the NFL. :rolleyes:

leroy likes this.
  16. leroy

we all gonna act like you're not that stupid and have even the slightest bit of reading comprehension.

There certainly is a concern that there haven't been any significant comebacks from this injury in running backs. The last one I can think of is Arian Foster which essentially ended his career with the Texans. Granted, he was already on the wrong side of 30 and in decline.

New techniques in surgery and rehab, many over just the last couple of years, means that there is a much better chance at a full recovery than before. I was able to play soccer again after 5 months and not nearly the same access to therapists and trainers as Foreman has. No, I'm not a professional level athlete and my Sunday night league wouldn't fool anyone into thinking we're anything more than what we are. My point was that this is not necessarily the death knell to a career that it once was.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you said not to overreact and said he'll be back, not career threatening, etc.. all on the basis of your former injury. that means you think your athletic ability and your league are equivalent to nfl players and the nfl. if you don't mean that then say it and don't ever compare your amateur athletic abilities and requirements with that of a professional athlete.

18. leroy

I was wrong. You do not have reading comprehension skills at all.

I said there was no reason for the "HIS CAREER IS OVER1!!!1!!!!!!1" posts. It was pretty obvious to most what my point was...just clearly not everyone. I'll make this as simple for you as I can.

1. I never said I was a professional athlete or anywhere near that level at this point in my life.
    2. I merely said that I have dealt with this injury (a complete rupture of the tendon) earlier this year.
    3. I merely said that I was able, with the help of my doctor and physical therapy, to start playing again 5 months after my injury.
    4. Foreman has access to the doctors and therapists and trainers 24-hours a day that I, not a professional athlete, don't have.
    5. I was trying to explain in simple terms (obviously not simple enough) that I believe there's no reason for panic yet. I believe he will be at or very close to 100% by training camp.

Does that explain it simply enough for you?

ipaman likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah....explain that it's completely recoverable, despite the fact that no NFL RB has ever done so ever.

Some athletes in other sports or at different positions have, so maybe there's SOME hope, but this is very likely a career ender or a career changer.

20. leroy

HAY EVERY1! BOBBY IZ HER TO TELL US ALL HE NOWZ A BOUT HIZ EXPERIECE WIT ACHILIES INJURIEZ

He always knows better than anyone, regardless of if you've had experience with it or not.