1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Texans Rumor] Possible Tamperment?/Interest in Sims-Walker

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Breaker, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Breaker

Breaker Member

If true, then the Jacoby experiment is likely done in Houston.:( However, MSW is a legit #1 option, and would make an outstanding #2, opposite of AJ. He had a down year last season, due to a knee injury. The year before that was spectacular, considering he had the likes of Garrard throwing him the ball, and with pratically no supporting cast aside from MJD on offense.

I would be heistant to overspend for his service, since our offense is already great as it is, and that we've already shelled out starting player-type of money for KW. Plus, I think JJ is still a dynamic receiver that will bounce back from his off-year last season. We don't need to spend money to buff up the strongest position on our team.

2. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Come on we all know they are going after defense and another tight end, you can never have too many of those.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I would not call him a legit #1 receiver but dding him would be great

4. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

i'd def take him over jacoby. im just tired of jacoby's inconsistent hands.

5. Breaker

Breaker Member

You're right. For some reason, I thought MSW had 1100+ yards last year with 7-10 TDs. Just did a double check and he posted 860 yards and 7 TDs, which is still pretty good.

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I'd take Sims-Walker in a New York minute. He's an upgrade over every wide receiver we have except for Andre Johnson.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's good. But not good enough to bother going after. He'll command too much money (for the Texans) - and it'll cost us someone on defense. We just payed Daniels, he better be good to go at that price, and if he is then we have what we need.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

For what it's worth...

McClain_on_NFL Texans will have no interest in Jax WR Mike Sims-Walker when he's free. His agent, Kennard McGuire, reps Jacoby Jones. They want Jones back.

McClain_on_NFL Texans free agent money will mostly go to defense, not WR. They don't need a WR. Their defense was 30th, 32nd against the pass

#9 rockets934life, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

McClain - so not worth much.

10. ThaShark316_28

lmfao @ they don't need WR

yeah cuz the other WRs made a **** ton of plays this past year!

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This, who was the 2nd leading receiver again?

Wasn't it Arian Foster?

Nuff said. While the Texans have much pressing needs on defense, I'd argue WR is a pretty big need.

Also what if Andre goes down for 2-4 weeks? We are going to need someone who can step up and Sims-Walker may not be a true #1, but he can imitate that long enough

12. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

McClain is a joke! If you have the opportunity to add Sims-Walker, you have to do it .. it's a no-brainer!
    Did we spend a lot FA money in the past 3 years? I mean, besides Antonio Smith? McNair has money enough to spend on FA's and if (big if) he's smart he'd better add some quality FA's in the off-season! Such as Sims-Walker, Nick Barnett, ...

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You're building an AWFULLY long bridge there, my friend.....

[​IMG]

In all seriousness though, MSW would be a fantastic upgrade to Jacoby Jones. However, if he's demanding #2 type money, then I would much rather us spend it on defense. We already signed Owen Daniels to a 4 year deal, and putting even more money into offense at this point doesn't make a whole lot of sense if it means overspending. But again, if he's wanting somewhere in the ballpark of the deal we gave Andre Davis (4 years $16m) then I say sign him up. Jacoby's inconsistency cost us numerous drives last season, and it just seems like he doesn't have the focus to be a dependable receiver.

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Would be nice to get Sims-Walker and keep Jacoby as the 3.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

We're already paying Kevin Walter a nice sum of money for another 4 years.

Adding both MSW and JJ is pretty much out of the question.

16. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

I have no qualms about spending the large majority of our money on D. We just need Owen Daniels to stay healthy for a consistent and legit 2nd option.

17. Mashing

Mashing Member

I wouldn't mind adding another WR alongside AJ. I mean if all of the defensive players we want in the first round are gone, then I wouldn't mind drafting Julio Jones for instance.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

What kind of money does he make?

He’s basically a 3rd option behind AJ and OD. He gets us about 2 or 3 catches a game for maybe 30 yards or so. Maybe a touchdown every 3 or 4 games. He also disappears for entire games at a time. I’m betting he’s overpaid if you judge him by his stats.

It would be nice to have another WR to take some pressure off of AJ, but that should come AFTER shoring up the defense.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

5 years, $21 million.