1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Protest

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by LAFIRMA22, Nov 15, 2010.

1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Protest the Texans? Sorry no. I'm a Texan fan through and through, and while I'm beyond frustrated with them at the moment, I can never find myself rooting for them to lose. Maybe I will when they're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Sure that's one thing.

But they're still alive, however slim there playoff hopes might be. I'd love nothing more than for Kubiak to prove me wrong and to take these players on a massive winning streak and on into the playoffs. I definitely don't see that happening, but I'm not gonna stop believing until hope is gone.

Don't have tickets to any game left, and personally, the in-stadium experience for football just didn't do all that much for me when I saw my first game against the Cowboys earlier this year. But I sure as hell will be watching 'em from my couch and hoping for a W against a Jets team I hate with a passion.

2. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

sorry, i'm going...win or lose, those titans games are always the best entertainment in town.

besides, we weren't going to win the superbowl this year anyway, whatever happens happens as long as the players grown and learn all the ways that they can possibly lose and don't do it again in a couple of years when we are ready to win the superbowl. :)

it's like 1000 ways to die--i'm glad i was there to see vince tear our hearts out--i'll never forget it. i was there when joe montana beat us in the dome as well. painful still. i love it.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Empty seats will get his attention, but probably nothing else. Old rich guys are notorious for living in their own little worlds, and shutting out criticism.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

My GF got me tickets to a game. She told me today, to make sure I didn't have my ski trip on the same dates. I can't wait.

I have never been to Reliant stadium, and have always wanted to go to a Texans game.

Now, just gotta find some people to tailgate with.

This is the view from my seats.

[​IMG]

Can't wait! :grin:

No protesting from me. Now....start winning and turn this season around!!!

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Oh nice.. a close up view of the Texans losing. :grin:

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yeah yeah.....I'm excited though. Never been to Reliant. Always wanted to go every time I was back down in Houston.

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

you can't count me in because I can't afford to buy a ticket anyway.

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

No the Jets.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Umm, if you actually care, wouldn't you want the management to operate in a way that wins? Wouldn't you want to have your money go to a winning team? Rather than one where the money is spent on people for their likeability? One where McNair doesn't hold anyone accountable because he like them? One where Kubiak keeps hiring his buddies regardless of their ability? One where we spend money on mediocre players over and over?

Oh, and on a side note, the Texans are one of the most profitable, valued franchise in all of sports, in the ENTIRE WORLD... And we have never been to the playoffs...

10. sccdct34

sccdct34 Member

So what you are saying is that a real fan of a team, would show thier support for them by not supporting them?

This protest logic is insane, sure the Texans are not living to the expectations so far this season, but its not like the team has quit. I read all the time about how Houston's fans give the city a bad name only showing up and supporting when they win, and not supporting when they are in hard times... I guess this thread justifies that line of thinking.

Don't go to the games, sell your tickets to opposing fans... wow, real sad.

I think as a fan its alright to get mad and upset when the team loses, especially with they way they have lost the last few weeks, but in the end when the next game rolls around a real fan is back on the saddle and rooting for the team to win and going to the games to support them.

1 person likes this.
  11. The Situation

The Situation Member

Isnt the game blacked out in Houston if the game doesn't sell out?

12. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

Our next home game is against the Titans....We are playing at the Jets this weekend.

13. Buck Turgidson

Every Texans game is a sellout since forever and in perpetuity.

Scored free 50 yard line seats to the MNF game against the Ravens...I was much more geeked about the game a few weeks ago than I am now. The tailgating will be epic regardless, so there's that.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Team != Owner, coach, or players

I can love my team and not like the decisions made by management.

15. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

If your still going to go watch this team...dont even bother complaining about anything dumb kubiak does.

16. Raven

Raven Member

Which might be part of the problem.

17. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

it might be a sellout but just do not show up....beer sales will go down expensive hot dogs will not be bought.