1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Protest

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by LAFIRMA22, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm watching the NBA more than ever.

2. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

That would be the only reason ;) When your team loses on a hail mary you would expect anger but me I just laughed I kind of expected it!

heck thats the only reason I watch Tech these days I'm blessed that they dont come on every week anymore so im not stuck watching I wish the Texans were same would make it easier!

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I've been watching tons of College Football to keep me sane. The past month of the NFL has been disappointing to say the least....(and Rockets....)

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Well, I'm a season-ticket holder, but fortunately, I have to go to Florida for a wedding, so I guess I'm in as well. I WAS going to do everything I could to somehow stream the game or get to a bar to watch it, but now, I'm thinking I might just join my girlfriend and her friends on the beach. It's probably gonna be a little chilly, but it couldn't possibly be as cold as the reception the Texans are going to receive from the fans if they walk into that stadium 4-6.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I watched 3 games in their entirety yesterday.

Besides the Rockets, I probably haven't watched 3 regular season NBA games in their entirety in years.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm with you there. NFL> NBA for sure.

But I am starting to watch more NBA- I think the last couple years have actually been a lot better than usual.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

better yet. Sell your tickets to opposing team fans.

Allow Titan fan to OWN Relient.

8. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

I don't know if i will stop watching but staying out here in dallas and seeing how they just beat up on the giants, i think some kind of change has to be made. I tired of the same ole stuff but the change i'm looking for isn't going to be the head coach now that i think about it. Its going to be at GM. He is the one getting these players and not making any moves. Yeah the coaching is a problem too but we need some head cases here man....This team is too damn relaxed and emotionless.... I would like to see us change the defense to a 3-4 instead of a 4-3 too

9. Uprising

I agree, I actually haven't even caught a full Rockets game yet this season. I blame work, but I could have dvr'd them I guess.

I watched almost 3 quarters of the Rockets vs Pacers game. Missed the Knicks game, and really don't feel like I missed that much after watching the highlights provided on this site.

NBA is just gotten boring to me. Still love the Rockets, I'm sure I'll get into them once football dies down.

Kind of strange to me, since Basketball used to be my favorite sport, I watched my first football game back in 2002....haven't looked away since.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Perhaps. The playoffs were pretty intriguing last year. And I must admit that I watched a lot of the celtic/heat opener as well as the rematch last week. That's turning into a pretty good rivalry.

Anyway, what was this thread about again?

11. Uprising

As for protesting the Texans, I'll never do that. Love the team...even when they suck. I never stopped watching during our 2-14 season....why stop now?

And especially vs the t***. It's like during the stros season, we know they suck. and should continue to suck to build up their future (picks etc.) but when they play the Cubs...I'm all about the Stros.

12. liljojo

liljojo Member

If any of you protesters are looking to dump your tickets at a reduced price, PM me.

13. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

No we are burning those tickets.

14. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I'm living in Europe, Belgium and I always watch the Texans on sunday ... I won't watch them on sunday 21/11 (and I won't until next season). Fire Kubiak!

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i almost completely echo your sentiments... i don't even find myself getting all that excited about watching the rockets anymore. i think i've only watched two games this year and definitely don't feel like i've missed anything but not watching the others. basketball just doesn't do it for me anymore and it's almost completely due to my resurgent interest in football over the past 10 years.

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

damn shame I'd rather watch the ROckets than this sorry excuse for a football team too

17. Uprising

Yep. I just look forward to that time of year where Saturday and Sunday are full of football. College Football has been growing more and more on me too.

I used to type the PBP way back with rockHead in the CF.net chat room. Used to be pumped up for every Rockets game.

I guess the annual injuries to Yao and TMAC kind of killed it for me. I'm ready to move on from that experiment (granted TMAC is gone...still 1 piece left), and get quicker more athletic guys in there. I love Yao, but I don't ever see him being reliable health wise. Pitty, the guy has some mad....slow.....but MAD skills.

18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I'm a season ticket holder, it's a lot easier for people who haven't bought a ticket yet to say they're not going.

People who have never been to a game saying they're not going, is r****ded.

Kubiak will be fired if he doesn't make the playoffs, simple as that. I'm not going to throw away money on a wasted cause.

19. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Ditto here. Still haven't watched a full Rockets game, and the NBA has gotten rather boring to me. The Rockets have gotten increasingly boring since Adelman took over, ironically, with the exception of the 07/08 season when they had that 22 game winning streak. I decided to buy the HD premium package for NFL redzone this year, and it's probably the best sports entertainment investment I've made in a long time. It's easy to just laugh at the Texans finding new ways to lose when there's plenty of other football action on Sunday to keep you entertained.

20. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

I won't go either. As long as I can sell my tickets for face value.