1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans OTAs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, May 23, 2016.

1. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

You're thinking of John Harris, with whom he went to Brown Univ together I believe.
    He's pretty good at breaking down the game, but will pretty much pump out nothing but sunshine and rainbows about this team and his buddy OB. I particularly remember OTA's last year when if you followed him, you'd think we had a Superbowl roster, and the "QB competition" was Montana vs Young

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Well, to be fair, he's not a journalist. He's the beat writer for the Houston Texans, employed by the Houston Texans. I'm pretty sure any boss would expect nothing less than "sunshine and rainbows" being said about them and their organization from their own hired employee that's paid to write about them.

We're very lucky to have him and his breakdowns.

3. Marteen

Marteen Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> signed <a href="https://twitter.com/BraxtonMiller5">@BraxtonMiller5</a> to 4-year deal worth $3,114,104</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/735914874803355650">May 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. htown1984

htown1984 Member

I thought there was OTA's today? When is the nest OTAS

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Every time I see this thread bumped, I'm scared it's because someone got injured...

#HoustonSportsFan

1 person likes this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So with the Astros sucking and the Rockets being murdered by Les, let's all hope the Texans' offseason moves pay off!

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

I have never been this excited about the Texans. I'm even looking forward to the pre-season games.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is certainly one of, if not the most, exciting seasons going in. I would probably rank the 2012 preseason higher personally, because they were coming off a solid playoff run even with Yates and they were returning the core of the team back.

This year has a ton of intrigue though. So many new weapons and lots of moving parts. It's hard to know what to expect but it is something to look forward too

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm just loving the feeling of not knowing that they're going into the season with one hand tied behind their back due to not having a QB.

Brock may not pan out, but I haven't been this optimistic about a Texans QB... Since I was in high school and David Carr was considered a "Young Gun".

10. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

Yeah, i totally agree...the unknown is exciting and there is so much room for optimism.

Not only tied at the QB position but the skilled positions as well. Without Arian there was a lack of big play potential from the RB position. And without hopkins, there wasn't any big play potential from the other wideouts. And if you consider big play potential after the catch, the texans just didn't have that.

It is exciting to see what BOB dials up

11. conquistador#11

Only 72 days til the first pre season game!

12. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm right there with you, for 2 years straight we've gone into the season knowing we were screwed at starting QB, now we might not be.

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Any chance Savage beats out Osweiler?

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If that happens, we're screwed.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

After that contract I doubt Savage starts regardless how good he looks.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's my thoughts as well so if he does beat out Brock it means that Osweiler was totally garbage or injured.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It would take a major injury or Brock stink it up for half of the season

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I'm trying to temper my excitement. I was beyond excited for both the Rockets and Astros seasons and we all see what's happened there.

I'm hopeful.

20. Buck Turgidson

Way to leave some wiggle room there.