1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Texans OTAs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, May 23, 2016.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Same surgery Schaub got in 2011:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jadeveon Clowney had a Lisfranc injury that prematurely ended his 2015 season. Says he did not need surgery and is 100%. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/734823397084037120">May 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I wonder what OB was pissed about..

Hopefully Osweiler isn't a bust, but I'm discouraged reading threats that OB was pissed.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Seems like OTA reporting is the same every year. Everyone looks great.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Watched a periscope of him at the podium today after OTA......he was his regular self, acting grumpy and not wanting to deal with the media...

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Its a damn good thing he didn't need it

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why would you be discouraged by that?? It means he has expectations for his players. A happy coach in May is a complacent coach.

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

see: Gary Kubiak as Texans coach

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I heard a soundbyte where he was snippy to pancakes. Something about not going over every single player.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Or Pete Carroll. :rolleyes:

There are different type of competent and non-complacent coaches. They all don't have to be always upset and van grumpy.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True. And kubes did win a Super Bowl albeit not for the Texans he's still the same coach

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Whose periscope? Itd be nice to be alerted when they go live.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Obrien is just bi polar with the media. He can be very likeable but he doesn't believe that the media should be asking him questions unless he wants to put information out there

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Clowney 100% healthy? Now that's funny

14. studogg

I guess you forgot the season where Kubiak raved about the team during OTA's, awarded players with extra days off and once the real season got going we saw the reality which was a poorly prepared team with no continuity on either side of the ball.

And not really understanding your take in reference to my post. Are you just used to being on the defensive for kubes?

#34 studogg, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Texans Facebook page lets you when they go live.

1 person likes this.
  16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Periscope whistles on my phone every time they go live, and I think facebook did the same thing.

Just gotta like/follow the team on the programs, and it'll have the alert option for when they go live.

1 person likes this.
  17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Why is that so funny?

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

It has nothing to do with defending Kubes. I didn't even bring up the fact that he won in Denver. Stop acting like a grumpy and whiny coach makes a good coach. There a lot of successful coaches who actually express happiness in the progress the team is making. Yes, in May. Or maybe you just like to praise Obrien for any and every thing he does. That's fine but don't be surprised if he has a happy media day tomorrow. I would love to come on here and see you say how complacent he is for being happy in May.

19. studogg

LOL- you got beef with the wrong guy little nimo. I was neither praising O'Brien's demeanor nor condemning Kubiak's as a coach on balance. I was merely bringing up a specific point.

I am happy he is taking OTA's seriously as this is a big year. I'd bet your life savings that if you asked kubes about the season I was referencing, he'd say he would have pushed harder early on too. Hell, I'd even double that wager and throw $20 of my own into it

You do realize individual points can be made without using a broad stroke to paint black and white stances on broader topics, right?

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This reminds me of the thread where people were praising JBs demeanor