1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Texans Offense has to beat Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Cstyle42, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I wanted to give Bill Obrien credit today but he is a idiot. 3rd and 1 gotta get 7... everyone in the world knows it. Lets see if defense can hold Patriots last 2 and half minutes after settling for a field goal. This is the NFL and Brady will get every chance to shine and win in those moments why in F do we get ourselves in that spot. Might as well not even get a field goal. I would say Bill O'Brien "learned" today but he's worked for that organization before and that is exactly why I'm calling him a stupid idiot that deserves all the name calling and negative feedback he gets today. After a major disaster never ever say to this city again your going to make sure the team dedicates this season to the fans by how hard they will play. F just playing hard... play smarter and most importantly win more freakin games!

RasaqBoi and ghettocheeze like this.
  2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Agree in theory... and retrospect.

But, this was an offense as putrid as any for the first 2 weeks of the season. This was a defense thought to be in the upper echelon of the league coming into the season, and showed plenty of that today with sacks and a TD.

Should have gone for it in hindsight... defense should have stopped Brady on the last drive.

3. conquistador#11

I think they convert on 3rd 1 with Watson running and the defense gasping for air at that point. instead you run it into the teeth of the fatties with a back that does his best off tackles not in between them. Defense only rushed 4 in the last TD for brady and Clowney got there. DBs are clue less. they had no idea where the ball was in flight, only jjo can locate the ball.

Cstyle42 likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Even if they convert that... how do you suggest they play the rest of the series?

Start running clock, make them use their timeouts... or go for the end-zone, regardless of time and risk of turnover?

Because, the latter would have been the only way to GUARANTEE a win. Even 3 more downs and a FG, with a minute or so less thanks to 2 minute warning and Pats timeouts, still doesn’t guarantee the Pats don’t do what they end up doing.

red5rocket likes this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That's this issue we went into this game knowing our secondary is trash... you have to understand you have to be up by more than 5 if you letting Brady have the ball with 2 plus minutes left. It's common darn sense... especially for Bill O'Brien.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Amen amen amen will the lights ever come on for this fruitcake Bill Obrien!!!

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Of course... Brady can apparently get a TD with 30 seconds and no timeouts on any defense.

Converting the 3rd and 1, unless it was a pass play for a TD, was unlikely to be the difference maker by itself.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I don't agree with this at all.

End of day, he made the right call. Corey Moore should probably catch that ball and then we would be singing Bill's praises for trusting the defense.

I ain't buying it.

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Secondary gave up too many busted plays...period.

Cstyle42 likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

When you have Watson at qb and Foreman at running back there's no excuse

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah that too. But Bill Obrien is a coach that needs to coach better. He will be no different then Atlanta's coach in this years past super bowl if he doesn't grow a pair.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

You will buy it when we lose more close games due to coaching. Not calling timeouts at the right time, not playing certain players to take advantage of certain matchups ect... you will see. These games are decided so close deep in playoffs.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ok... but it still doesn’t guarantee they score a TD on that drive.

14. sanedolt

sanedolt Member

they only need to kill some time

15. tmacfor35

You may be too emotional to realize it, but BOB called a hell of a game today.

He had Bellicheat/beard on their heels all day. You have to give him some damn credit. He made the right call. It didnt work out due to some fluke plays.

He made the right call to move Deshaun to QB and put together a great game plan.

Texans are going to be contenders this season if they can dig themselves out of this 1-2 hole.

I think they can beat Tennessee after today's game.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

How much time, though?

Brady went 70 yards in under a minute.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

We know Watson is the real deal and will only get better. Foreman should get many more carries.

Bob is a complete idiot when it comes to big decisions and play calls.

Joseph / Jackson duo is old and pretty much trash + rest of secondary.

Bouye would have been nice.

Rick and Bob will have to be fired / I also hope it happens in the middle of the season. If these 2 both don't go, we will have the same issues with any COACH that has to be around gm Rick Smith.

18. tmacfor35

Rick saved his job with JJ Watt.

He just did it again with Deshaun Watson.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Fluke plays huh. Man this is a game of inches. Like i said if Bill Obrien is not willing to be bold with the players be needs to be bold with at the right times then he doesn't want to win bad enough... or not on the level his teacher Belichick does. He did good today but he choked in the trenches as coach and went too safe again and the bottom line is that's not going to cut it and it doesn't equal to Super Bowl Championships.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

"I'll tell you John, it starts with me. I need to coach better, we need to execute & play better."

Cstyle42 likes this.