1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

'Texans not the best in AFC' ESPN Insider

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rmoreno, Oct 23, 2012.

1. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Based off these stats....team efficiency.

I'm sorry....but Denver? ...REALLY.... oh ESPN...

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

LOL at his line about LOSING to Houston, New England....and winning against non pushover's who are a combined 8-10.....

What kind of proof is that? "well....they lost to really good teams who lead their divisions including 2 AFC teams. BUT they beat teams who are less than .500, who btw are not push overs.......they only have lost more games than won."

#3 Uprising, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  4. underrated015

underrated015 Member

ESPN has to use Peyton Manning somehow.lol smh after beating them in denver too. oh well.

5. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is all you need to read from the article:

If there's a favorite team to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl this season, it probably would be the Houston Texans. They have the best record in the conference at 6-1, they just waxed the next-best team (Baltimore) 43-13, and their only loss came at the hands of an NFC squad (Green Bay). Is there any reason to think they won't be hoisting the Lamar Hunt Trophy in January? Actually, yes.

The Texans are not the highest-ranked AFC team in Football Outsiders' latest rankings. That honor goes to the Denver Broncos, perhaps the league's most underrated team.

The Broncos are only 3-3, but that mediocre record is not an accurate reflection of this team's performance this year. Their three losses have come against three division leaders (Houston, Atlanta and New England) with a combined record of 16-4. And it's not as if the teams Denver has beaten are pushovers, either. Pittsburgh, San Diego and Oakland have a combined record of 8-10. All in all, Denver's opponents so far this season have gone 24-14. In that light, a 3-3 record is quite an achievement.

What a joke, makes absolutely no sense right there..... I quit reading after that!

2 of their 3 loses were against AFC teams, one you said they are better than, the Texans, beat them in Denver.............I guess anyone with a computer and can put two words together can be an expert.......

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Have to have contrarians in the media game....but this is pretty ridiculous. Maybe if the Texans hadn't beaten the crap out of Denver in Denver, you could write this. But they did.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I ran across this article today and just laughed. Unbelievable that people actually pay money to read this tripe.

Like I said in another thread....Denver is 3-3 but they could easily be 6-0 if they were 6-0 so naturally they are the best team in the AFC.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Translation: Denver's 3 losses came against good teams in Houston, Atlanta, and New England. Therefore Denver is better than all those teams.

3 people like this.
  10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

LOL! Exactly. And I love how he uses teams Denver beat (combined 8-10) and labels them as non pushovers....

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I like this. Wins don't matter, only the winning percentage of the teams you lose to.

The Texans lost to the Packers who are 4-3, but the Broncos lost to the Texans who are 6-1.

So obviously the Broncos are better than the Texans. Why? Because the Broncos lost to the Texans.

#11 ima_drummer2k, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

This is just too funny. Won't even bother to read this nonsense. Just another ESPN joke of an article .

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Laughable, sure. But Denver is a team that can beat us. They're built for it and they're getting better every game. Thomas on offense, Miller on defense, a comfortable Peyton Manning at the helm. That's dangerous.

14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I didn't know Ronny wrote for BSPN

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Broncos are very good, and I would not be excited to face Manning in the playoffs. I'm not too bothered by this article even though I don't agree with it. Broncos could easily be a top 3 team by the end of the year.

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Exactly. It's laughable to say they're better now, but I will say that Denver is the team I'm most threatened by in the AFC. The Texans should beat them come January, especially in Houston, but they're the one team with personnel that scares me a little.

17. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Sounds like the tagline for a Pancakes article lol.

18. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

they're already a top 4 team just by default...texans, ravens, pats, broncos. the rest of AFC is just crap or mediocre right now. so it's not really a stretch for them to end up top 3 by the end of the year.

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Football Outsiders stats do not include the Baltimore game, yet. I fully expect Houston to be top rated AFC by them when updated.

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

As much as I think the Broncos will be awesome by year's end...the article is a joke, specially with the writer's reasoning. He makes no sense.