1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans host private workout for Lousville QB Lamar Jackson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by zeeshan2, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I don't want to agree with you but your definitely right.

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You're attempting to trivialize how wrong you were about Watson, but it's pretty stupid to do so.

TheRealist137 and Fulgore like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't wrong about him. He had exactly the problems I said he did as evidenced by his preseason performance, he then worked incredibly hard to overcome those problems, something that a lot of QB's never manage to pull off. Don't let the fact that I wasn't wrong get in the way of your whining though.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dude stop, you were wrong but it's ok. You were whining and throwing dirt on the guy's career. Not to admit it is just cowardly. No way Watson learned how to throw a ball in a few weeks, it's just dumb to even suggest it. HE COULD ALWAYS THROW. Chalk his pre season up to nerves and adjusting to the NFL. I'll admit it is funny to watch you lie and squirm about it.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Dude stop, I was actually proven right about his flaws, but he overcame them and you only take away from what amazing work Watson put in by trying to pretend otherwise. It's really weird that you'd want to do something like that just so that you can pretend that I was wrong about my concerns. I mean, even when he was doing so well in the regular season he'd still have a few throws a game where he fell back into bad habits and those flaws were on display.....the amazing part is that he went from having those flaws be apparent in nearly all of his drop backs to where they were a pretty extreme minority.....which again is AMAZING that he was able to do. Even QB's that manage to make that kind of progress don't usually do so in that quick a time frame. It normally takes a few seasons, but Watson pulled it off ridiculously quickly. You attempting to take that accomplishment away from him so that you can say I was wrong is really weird and it suggests your priorities are in the wrong place.

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

So I'm the one that trying to dog Watson?
    Wrong AGAIN. But keep squirming. No one LEARNS to play QB in a few weeks. He always could play. Pre Season was nerves and adjusting to the NFL. You were WRONG.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, you are the one trying to downplay what Watson did by pretending that there was never flaws in his game despite all of the evidence to the contrary. He showed up as a guy that needed to put in a ton of work to learn to throw the ball properly due to some pretty terrible mechanics. He put in that work and it showed. In preseason he wasn't capable of throwing an accurate pass form the pocket more than a few yards down the field, but by the time he was a few games into starting he only had those problems a few times a game. You could choose to give him credit for that, but instead you'd rather pretend that he did nothing seemingly just so you can say I was wrong. It's pretty weird.

Even with the strides Watson made, he still threw 13 interceptable passes in only 7 games which shows that he still has work to do. If you take that pace and see what it would look like over a full season, that's 30 interceptable passes for the season which would have been the 3rd most in the NFL. So again, while he made phenomenal progress, it's stupid to pretend that he didn't have the problems to begin with given that those problems still show up every now and again.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

To hammer home the point even further, despite the amazing progress Watson made, there's a reason his PFF grade looked like this

[​IMG]

They hold against him his high number of interceptable passes along with his ridiculously low number of dropped passes. They hold against him his 32 ranked true completion percentage.

So while what Watson did was amazing, you are ridiculous in pretending like his passing game never had flaws and that those flaws didn't continue to show up occasionally throughout the season. IMO it's better to focus on the progress he made than to focus on how the flaws kept showing up given how infrequently they did so, but you force me to point them out by suggesting they were never present.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Keep pivoting and squirming friend. What's stupid is for to act like we didn't read all of your WHINY & SILLY posts when Deshaun 1st got here. Rather than admit that you rushed to judgement and were wrong about this kid ( You literally said he couldn't throw), you want us to believe he put in " A TON " of work in a few weeks and learned how to throw. Wouldn't it make more sense that Watson was a nervous 1st time pro who was getting his feet wet in the pre season? From all accounts the hard work is a constant with this kid so that's nothing new. Also, for all of your " interceptable balls",' You neglected to mention that Watson was near the top of the NFL in TD passes and the Texans offense was scoring with anyone. If the Texans coaching staff were such great QB gurus who could manufacture a QB out of anyone in a few weeks, What the hell was the problem before Watson got here? Or did the guy just need time for the game slow down? Watson still has some room for growth but all QBs in their early 20s do. But that's a far cry from your " can't throw at all " nonsense you were spouting.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I'm forced to point out you were WRONG about Watson and the Texans Offense last year. But keep trying.

houston19519 and TheRealist137 like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He literally couldn't throw when he got here. His mechanics were terrible and as such he couldn't throw accurate passes more than a few yards down the field. He put in the work to drastically improve those mechanics which led to considerably more accurate passes and he only fell back on bad habits a few times per game.

Anyway, if you can't be honest about the conversation, there's really no reason to keep going.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah...but I wasn't. That's the point I just proved to you.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

CHECKMATE.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL how so?

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Who taught him how to throw Bobby?

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He was getting coaching on that since before the combine, he constantly had people helping him with his mechanics and he put in the work to eventually make them better.....and he did so much more quickly than should be possible. He looked like ass throwing the ball during preseason because that work hadn't yet paid off, but by the time he had his second start, he was looking damn good (while still occasionally having bad passes where he fell back on bad habits). I have spelled this out to you many times already, where are you failing to follow along or where do you disagree?

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The combine (which is BS) doesn't count because you said he literally could not throw when he got HERE!

So who taught him how to throw?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As to who specifically helped out the most, it was probably Sean Ryan, which is part of the reason he started getting interest around the league for Offensive Coordinator jobs.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I talked about how long he had been working on it, that's why I pointed out how he hired coaches to help him with it since before the combine. You seem to think that learning proper mechanics and drilling them till they become second nature is something that happens overnight. It's not. The person that is most credited with teaching him how to throw properly is Sean Ryan, but you shouldn't dismiss the efforts put in by others or the work Watson did on his own towards that goal.

Again, how is this hard for you to comprehend?

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LMFAO! If Sean Ryan could take a guy with no talent and teach him how to play like Watson in a few weeks, then a he is THE GREATEST COACH IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS!

Wouldn't be easier just to admit you rushed judgement on Watson and move on?

houston19519 and TheRealist137 like this.