1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans acquire Laremy Tunsil

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 31, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2020.
  1. YES

56.1%
  2. NO

43.9%
  1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Many wouldn't care, but at least some of us will recognize that it was this trade that prolong Watson's health which will give us hope for the future for years to come even after the eventual firing of BoB.

Regardless of how long of a leash BoB has, he's gonna get fired b4 Watson's retirement.

eliefor3 and Blatz like this.
  2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Leading up to this past draft, think most of us would’ve been relatively happy (or at least very understanding) had Gaine traded a 2020 1st to move up for Dillard. Obviously that's not knowing he'd end up falling all the way to 22. I love the draft and the Texans have been nails in the 1st round. But in any given draft, you're really looking at a 50/50 shot of that player panning out.

raining threes likes this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

How much of involvement or a role did u think BoB had in the draft? If hes a great part why fired gaines then? If hes not that involved and oust Gaines for more power do u trust the man's talent evaluation?

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Just throwing this out there for all the “gave up our future” people.

Rams drafted Jared Goff with the first overall pick in 2016. They will not pick in the first round again until 2022... I think we can get through this.

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I think he was involved enough where he should share credit and blame equally with Gaine. Never saw him as a guy who would defer to a handpicked GM like Gaine but when McNair got pissed about how the off-season was going, he pinned the whole thing on Gaine.

As far as talent evaluation, that remains to be seen. The Duke, Hyde, Tunsil/Stills deals seem to be working out favorably so far. The Clowney situation was horribly botched which scares me if we move forward with the current set up permanently.

DatRocketFan likes this.
  6. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

This was probably the 2nd best trade in franchise history after trading up for Watson

Joshfast, coachbadlee and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

https://www.battleredblog.com/real-...the-ten-best-trades-in-houston-texans-history

Idk, we made some pretty impactful trade even as a young new expansion team. It's not even a season yet to fully analyze the trade so i wouldn't knee jerk that hard.

But i agree that the trade for Watson, was the best trade in our franchise history.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Because they just traded for Ramsey. We'll see how that works

But they just went to the super bowl last year. They obviously feel they can win it all now. Are the Texans in the same spot? They got embarrassed in the first round. But I guess we'll see

9. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Pink Floyd and heavy metal this guy is the best lol

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Mr. Space City

He's really got to clean up his false starts.

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Is BoB coaching technique to complex or is it something else, cause this man is consistently getting false start penalties every game.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

People are gonna realize that the Texans can have an elite LT and still suck

14. Marteen

Marteen Member

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I know this post was a few weeks old, but you suck. Go find another team.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He is silly with the O'Brien hate. A lot of Texan fans are. O'Brien does come across as arrogant but he has done well. The Texans cleaned up on a bad schedule last season but right now the have played one of the hardest so far this season

Getting Tunsil Stills and Conley is working out. They got their quarterback tharts the hardest thing.

17. raining threes

I didn't know BOB was in charge of coaching the OL, I thought that was Devlin's job?

18. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

agreed but I'm not convinced that Nick Martin doesn't share some of the blame because it's not just Tunsil.

19. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

True but it would also be hard to not sick without a good lt. Very few teams succeed without a good line and a lt is the cornerstone of that. Does that ensure your team will be great? Ofcourse not but having it brings you a step closer to succeeding.

20. vonbock

vonbock Member

I am glad we got tunsil, helped us with our offense today

Nook likes this.