1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans 2013 Schedule Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by King of 40 Acres, Apr 16, 2013.

1. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

NFL announced earlier today that the schedule will be released Thursday night at 7pm on NFL Network.

The Texans opponents have already been determined:

Home: Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Oakland, St. Louis, Seattle, New England

Road: Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, San Diego, Arizona,
    San Francisco, Baltimore

I could see Monday night / Sunday night games at Home against Denver, New England and even against Seattle or Indy

Road Primetime games could include San Francisco, Baltimore or Indy

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Nice match ups..can't wait.

3. conquistador#11

draft in less than 10 days!

had them 11-5 last season with a loss to the ravens in the afc championship. stupid patriots got in the way of that prediction.

I'm thinking 13-3 this year and some other team will take care of the pats for us. superbowl here we come!

4. Raven

Raven Member

Counting the days till we get to see Watt swat some more footballs!

5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

That is some tough match ups.

6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Some of them are, but if the Texans want to be among the big boys and be in the big show they need that.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

get ready for a much harder schedule than last year. We got off super easy last year. We weren't as good as our record. This year will be a much more accurate representation of where we are as a football team. It's time to prove we belong with the big boys.

8. Anticope

Anticope Member

How is the schedule much harder than last year? Basically the AFC east and NFC north are swapped for the AFC west and NFC west. I don't see how either of those divisions are any tougher, plus the road schedule doesn't look that bad.

I'm guessing they'll start the season on the road this year since the last 4 years have been home openers week 1.

9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The Texans played 8 games last year against teams that won at least 10 games, including four straight to end the season. They'll be hard-pressed to have a tougher schedule this year. As is, I see 9 games against inferior teams, 2 more against a Colt team I think is going to take a step backwards this year, and 3 of our toughest games (Denver, New England, Seattle) at home.

No reason, assuming health, they can't again win 10+.

10. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Trying to predict difficult of schedule in the NFL is an exercise in futility. Parity rules the day.

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

So what's different?

We replace Miami, NY Jets, Green Bay, Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, and Minnesota with Oakland, St. Louis, Seattle, Kansas City, San Diego, Arizona, and San Francisco.

Though the NFC West might be a bit tougher at the top with Seattle and San Fran, the NFC North might be a bit tougher overall because Arizona and St. Louis suck. But it's kind of even. The AFC East isn't that great outside of New England, but it's better than the AFC West. That part looks easier.

We play Denver and New England at home whereas we played them on the road last year.

Easier, though we caught Denver early and they didn't start clicking until after they played us.

We play Baltimore on the road instead of at home. Harder, though they're going through a lot of turnover so maybe they won't be as good this year.

Overall, I think the schedule may be a bit easier this year.

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Minor nitpick (because I know this isn't the point of your post), but I still don't fully buy that Denver started clicking as the year went on. They lost three of their first five to playoff teams (ATL, HOU, NE), then generally played scrubs for the remaining 11, then lost their first playoff game -- at home, no less. In general, they "clicked" when they played bad opponents and struggled when they played good ones. I think it's pretty simple.

That said, in the case of the Texans, it probably was a good draw for us since we had Cushing for the first month, and it also came before the bizarre funk that Schaub went into down the stretch.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I know we had a "predict the tv games/schedule" thread earlier, but I'll go ahead and do it again.

Home
    Denver
    Seattle
    New England

Away
    San Fran
    Baltimore

Sunday night vs Denver and Baltimore
    I'll go with New England being a Monday night game.
    San Francisco will be the CBS late game national audience.
    Seattle will be a FOX late game national audience. (gives KRIV/FOX a chance to be in the Houston Market...sorta).

I'll throw in a Thursday game vs Oakland.

Broncos at Cowboys thanksgaving day, duh.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

did the schedule already come out? i thought it was coming out on Thursday?

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

No, but we've known our opponents since 2002 (well, 14 of them, at least).

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

#17 J.R., Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  18. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Little disappointed that we only get one home primetime game.

But that game vs. Denver is ripe to be flexed onto Sunday night.

19. thejav

thejav Member

20. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

opening on MNF, 2 SNF games (incl the 49ers), 1 TNF stupid game (JAX)...should be a fun year nationally