1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[#Terrible] Ruth Bader Ginsburg-wed couple arrested for raping young man

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Ugh. Just retire already.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Shall I take your implication that gay marriage is wrong because it leads to gang rape?

Or is the implication that the person who officiates a marriage becomes culpable for the conduct of the people who get married? Help me out here because I'm bit confused.

4. Cohete Rojo

She officiated this ceremony for political effect — it has come back years later to bite her.

She is one of the most political SCJ ever. Maybe this is the final sign that she should hang it up.

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

To bite her? You think this bit her? lol

@justtxyank we need threads for every James Woods tweet? ;)

justtxyank likes this.
  6. conquistador#11

Where is John Carpenter's tweet?

7. Nook

Nook Member

I always hear this about RBG from conservatives.

RBG is too political for my taste and I have posted about it on here.

However my question is, where was all your outrage over Scalia? Thomas? They are incredibly political SCJ's and I don't hear a whimper.

You cannot have it both ways (this goes for liberals as well). If you don't like a politically active or outspoken Justice, then both sides need to cool it.

Also, are you claiming that RBG choice to support gay marriage is coming back to bite her in the ass? Considering a majority of Americans support gay marriage, that is an absurd proposition.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Seriously. Clarence Thomas's wife is a lobbyist/activist that tries to encourage the federal government to pass legislation to ban gay marriage. During the hearings on the ACA his wife was making money as a lobbyist working against healthcare reform lol.

bobloblaw and Nook like this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is no biting of any asses regarding the wedding ceremony. Do all crimes list the wedding official? Was one of the vows at the ceremony to go and rape someone years later? Are they guilty? Has that been decided?

This is a really bad thread even for you.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

1. I don't think she's been bit. A stupid tweet isn't a bite. She has nothing to be embarrassed about from this charge.

2. The presumption of apolitical SCJs drives me crazy. They are a third of the leadership of the country and we pretend like they are mere creatures of the law. They might be nonpartisan in the sense of not being official members of a party, but you cannot possibly be a national leader and be apolitical.

3. Is this a sad attempt to get Trump another SC appointment? Her dying before 2020 is probably still the smarter bet. Given how political you recognize RBG is, do you really expect she'd voluntarily let Trump pick her replacement?

11. justtxyank

I'm in the camp that thinks she should probably retire but this has nothing to do with it. I really don't like that our SC system works in a way that puts a death watch on sitting justices.

12. justtxyank

What would "bit" even mean in the case of a SC justice? She fees bad about it?

A justice doesn't run for re-election so who cares if they aren't super popular or people get mad about a personal choice they made years ago.

There's no "biting" that happens with them.

Hell they don't even really worry about appropriate recusals.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  13. Cohete Rojo

Scalia is dead, bro. Time to move on from that one.

14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Lol good comeback, considering you've completely ignored everything that has been posted so far. How the hell is she responsible for the rape that occurred?

Nook likes this.
  15. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I wonder if she isn't effectively off the court right now. Isn't she still recovering from some illness that made her take a leave of absence? And given her age and health condition, I have to wonder if she will return at all. It's just a matter of time til the announcement, IMO.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I suspect she will at least wait to see if a Democrat is elected in 2020.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She will also try and find some sure fire future rapists who are only waiting to get married before starting their raping spree and officiate their ceremony. That is unless she discovers that James Woods and Cohete Rojo are already on to her plan

18. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

If she can last that long. But that probably is her thinking.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Dumb thread.