1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Ross= Paul George

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by johnnydeezy1, May 11, 2012.

1. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

He's the biggest sleeper in the draft imo. Theres a very good chance he'll shoot up draft boards come draft time but if he's available at 14 Morey needs to take him. Also his game looks very similar to Paul George, yea Paul is a little taller but they both have the same kind of game (silky smooth). May just be me but I think he has star potential at the sg spot, a position of need when Kmart's ass is shipped out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/92pQIYhLo-k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I like Ross and would be happy if the Rockets used their 2nd pick on him.

4. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Get er done Morey

5. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Paul George probably does everything a little better than this guy. George also has better measurements. This guy reminds me of Michael Finley, with less handles.

6. Convictedstupid

His shot is so pretty and silky.

7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty Impressive. He didn't miss a shot the whole workout.

8. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

he did , they just cut the parts were he missed

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Man I loooove that time of the year when all the Draft workout videos hit Youtube! Could watch that ish for days.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

With that said...trade K-Mart for a mid to late 1st rounder. Draft Wroten, Ross, Melo and I love Morey again. If you get an additional pick by trading Scola or Lowry draft Jenkins as 6th man shooter off the bench or Quincy Miller as a guy with good potential for SF position. Or package the two acquired picks for a higher one and try to go after Zeller or PJ III.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Kinda reminds me of J.R. Smith.

12. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Yeah, he never passed during the whole video. ;)

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He's a better playmaker than JR, it's one of his strengths as a SG.

14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah.

His scoring ability and the way his move seem, they're JR Smith-ish. Definitely not like Paul George. He's 6'6 200 lb. Gonna have to bulk up. I'd draft this guy 14 though if I was the Rockets. Trade Martin.

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

He's a JAP. Just another player. Until he can be aggressive to go to the rim and get to the FT line, he's just another player that can shoot it. He might be good value in the second round. But to have to commit 2 years and a first round pick to him is a risk. The kind of risk poor front offices make.

This video is in some kind of midget gym. They don't even have an NBA 3-point line on the edges. 95% of his shots were midrange 15-20 footers with no defenders on him. Sure he looks smooth. Any division 1 guy that can shoot the ball will look the same. John Jenkins in the second round would be a much better bet.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Looks OK in the video, but can he play well with a shirt on?

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If he doesn't bulk up more he won't be able to shoot or dunk because of the shirt weight. This video is a fluke.

18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Offensively, Ross plays a lot like Afflalo did at UCLA. He takes a ton of jumpers from mid-range and downtown, coming off screens and spotting up. George takes a lot of jumpers too, but also has better handles and can finish at the basket athletically. Afflalo has the best shot selection of the three and has become a good scorer, but I think that has a lot to do with Denver's very effective system. On the right team, I think Ross can be equally dangerous. On our team, I think he'd be a bit redundant.

19. allanivan

allanivan Member

me, too...haha

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The NBA is full of guys that are 6'4" to 6'7" tall that can shoot the basketball like there is no tomorrow in an empty gym. The NBDL is full of those guys. The foreign leagues are full of those guys. You can get ten of them to sign for league minimum on a 1-year expiring contract today.