1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Terrence Jones can not be a starter on a championship caliber team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mdoggnic, May 3, 2014.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Terrence Jones is fine to be a starter on a championship Rockets team. Portland was a bad team for him to match up with because of Aldridge. Against another team, Jones would have been a valuable weapon for the Rockets to use.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

The way harden,parson,lin played in the playoffs,nobody with a sane sense of judgement can say you can win a ring with those guys. Harden played bad defense the entires series. Parson didn't score in the 2nd half until the next to last possession. Lin,well,its lin,what more needs to be said. If you have a true title worthy team, 1 role player in his 2nd yr doesn't make or break your team. Maybe I'm expecting you to know that

3. Karolik

Karolik Member

Clippers? No
    Warriors? No
    OKC? No
    Spurs? Maybe
    Grizzlies? No
    Mavs? Maybe

Yeah...

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Basketballholic is over there jumping for joy. Saying I told you so I told you so. Basketballholic Jones was the sole reason why we lost this game and series? Asik dumb offensive foul wasn't the reason why we lost huh pimpn? That foul erased a clutch three pointer by Lin. Hmmm LaMarcus went bonanza again, so tell me who was checking him ?

Jones will be much better next season

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree. The Rockets trouble with the Clippers wasn't just because of the Jones match up.

The Warriors, Jones is fine. OKC, is another problem for many Rockets players not just Jones.

I agree with you about the Grizzlies though.

6. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Yep and the Rockets got rid of him.................

7. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

Is he going to grow?

8. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

his biggest weakness is that he cant rebound

he's absolutely one of the worst PF rebounders i have ever seen

9. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

Which player has the better shot, Jones or DMO? Jones was a non-factor in the playoffs and he was destroyed by LA. DMO helps stretch the floor because he is more of a deep threat from the outside. This makes LA have to move out of the lane which opens up a one on one match-up with Howard and Lopez. It also helps wear LA by making him defend someone, something he didn't have to do while guarding Asik. Heck, it worked during the regular season so why not use it in the playoffs? I don't get the think of McHale here.

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Maybe not in his second year, but I love his potential.

11. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

he was a cap casualty to sign howard. who else were they gonna get rid of to rid the 5 million?

12. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

I know it's early. I know it's preaseason but TJones currently has played 13 minutes and has 1 rebound and 5 fouls...he will always be our weak link.

1 person likes this.
  13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Dude.. really?

14. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Yes. Really. The dude needs to go ask the wizard for some heart.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Preseason. Repeat that 10 times.

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

All we need to know.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0gXvVUg-VAE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

I just don't understand when people make discussions like this. Terrence Jones may not be a star or championship caliber PF, but what we all have to realize is we don't know. Their is no way of telling this until this season and maybe next. But let's give the kid a shot before coming to judgment. Young kid who got better last season in a lot of ways. He needs to work on his NBA frame in all honesty. Stronger and bigger.

Maybe DMo surprises us and Jones becomes top trade bait.

19. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Beverley was kind of to blame too in the playoffs...remember, he was a no-show because of injury. And when he did play (like in game 6) he did more harm than good. One thing about this team which worries me is the overdependence on Harden and Bev. Did you see how hard Beverley was defending in tonight's game??? It was a PRESEASON game! Dude doesn't have anything but a 5th gear. Come April he will be either totally fatigued, injured, or both. Ditto for Harden. Harden is the only playmaker on this team. Again and again he will have to come to the rescue, all year long.

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Dave,

I get you and usually i'm on board with you... But Jones needs to go.. either to another team or on the bench.. The guy was practically invisible for the entire first half.

D_Mo is not the answer, but at least he showed up..

T_Man