1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones arrested in Portland for stomping on homeless man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, Jul 31, 2013.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Please note that the report specifically stated sleeping homeless man. Sheesh if true Morey is going to dump his ass for a conditional 2nd round pick.

Please welcome next seasons sure fire starter at PF - D-Mo!

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Same here, but I hope Jones gets it together, he has what it takes to be a very good backup.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Who knows. Like I said, Im not passing judgement. All Im saying is I know the downtown area really well, and I wouldn't be quick to pass judgement on Jones as I wouldn't be to pass it on the homeless man.

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Your so call future superstar power forward.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

I don't care what he does off the court, does he get suspended or anything? Any word on that?

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Who called TJones a "future superstar power forward"?

7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Kobe was on trial for RAPE and never got suspended. I think he'll be fine.

8. conquistador#11

when people were questioning why T jones wasn't getting a shot with the musical chairs game we had going at the PF position, Joel Blank came out and said it had to do with maturity. At the time I was like huh? I guess I know now.

9. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I think there are two extremes in this thread that are both wrong. One is acting like he beat the s**t out of a guy. He wasn't charged with assault, he didn't send him to the hospital, he stomped on him. Probably once. He gave him a bruise and then harrassed him. Take it easy.

The other is acting like because he's 21 he shouldn't be expected to know how to respect people, control himself, and drink responsibly. As a person only a little older than that, I'm kind of offended that we can't even set the moral standard for young men that high.

He needs a stern talking to from someone in the org, and he needs to grow up. But I don't think this makes him a thug or anything.

10. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Come on jones.....

I hope there is more to this story. If not, I'd chalk it up as immaturity/ red flag( I doubt he is the notorious homeless man leg stomper)

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure his name is Terrence not Terrance

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Talk about knee jerk. Just weeks ago, the consensus here from him being the most recent player to have a nice moment(in Summer league) is that this guy is now the future, and there are people doubting D-Mo as "the guy". Now people want him traded for basically nothing.... geez.

The guy hasn't changed as a player, and probably isn't that bad of a person (or he probably would have had a history of bad behavior). He got drunk (like most people do on occassion) and did something dumb to the wrong person, at the wrong time (with a cop around).

Like CDrex said, he probably needs a stern talking to, has to pay the homeless guy some cash, and life will move on just as it would of been but with a life lesson learned... Big freakin deal... says absolutely nothing about his future with the Houston Rockets.

13. Swag

Swag Member

least he doesnt have any anxiety issues

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Innocent until proven guilty. Safest course for the NBA. The Rockets however may not be so slow to react to the horrible publicity of stomping on a sleeping homeless man's leg. Bye bye Jones if the report is true.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well, now bums across the country will know to awaken and bow in the presence of the lesser one.
    Seriously, a lot of you are getting all riled up over something that you yourself have thought about doing to a homeless person who annoyed you in the past. Chill out!!:rolleyes:

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

I think Kobe has a bit more pull than Terrence Jones.

17. NotChandlerParsons

I've been harassed by bums before and assaulting them has never even crossed my mind. Let alone stomping on a sleeping one.

18. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

This will probably blow over, but definitely raise some red flags with T-Jones.

Anyways, here's hoping D-Mo brings it this upcoming season. His game is better suited to play with the starters anyways.

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

what a prick thing to do

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The consensus here rarely reflects my opinion. I don't want to trade him. I am a patient wait and see person. But if the allegation is true the bad publicity and the sheer impunity of the act will probably have the Rockets organization reacting quickly. But we will find out in the coming weeks or months what really happened.