1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones arrested in Portland for stomping on homeless man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, Jul 31, 2013.

1. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I agree completely. I mean, if more information comes out to mitigate the story, then, we'll see. But, if he just stomped on a homeless person out of disdain for his fellow man who does not happen to be a millionaire, then I hope he spends years in jail and ends up homeless himself.

Some of the people dismissing the action as not a big deal or as "boys will be boys"/"kids will be kids" behavior seem sociopathic to me. Again, we don't know the whole story, but if this is literally Jones attacking poor people out of some elitist sense of superiority, then I will hate him no matter what uniform he wears.

2 people like this.
  2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

reckless does not equal violent. TJ doing violence is more concerning then for example say something racist while drunk.

3. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

SMH

I may not know all the facts surrounding the incident...but if this reasoning wouldn't excuse what he did.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I've been to Portland. there's a lot of homeless. you actually can't walk down the street without stepping on one.

...okay ...in bad taste. I'm trying to find humor in this classless and shameful act.

5. trock

trock Member

Why would anyone kick a sleeping man already down on his luck without provocation? I hope this isn't true because it makes him look like a douchebag. Don't care how old he is or how drunk he was. If it's true, the kid wasn't raised right.

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

He's lucky the homeless man didn't uppercut him.

I don't know exactly what happened or why he stomped on this homeless man, but it's disturbing that he did it.

Not a good sign. Normally weak minded individuals attack people they perceive as weaker than them.

Come on Terrence...Basketball aside...Be a smarter better person than that (if it was indeed an unjustified stomp).

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

I hate when people say well he's a 21 year old kid who happen to do something dumb. You can do something dumb at 30 or 40 it still doesn't change the fact that by the age of 21 you know not to stomp on someone that didn't do anything to you.

Hell you should know that by age 10

8. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

this just sounds redic... I don't even care.. as long as the Nba doesnt take action..

I mean I do care and think it's wrong.. But there has to be more to the story than he just randomly wanted to stomp on a homeless guy..

9. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

I hope that homeless man sues... He's lucky day for a come up with a dumb immature millionaire.. Thanks Terrence..

10. Karolik

Karolik Member

(Rockets Player gets drunk and rapes someone).

Clutchfans: He was just drunk,young and playing around, I bet the girl was asking for it anyway.

I could totally see that happening.

11. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I remember my first beer...

1 person likes this.
  12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

A Most ignorant remark by one of our most respected posters!!! Y:p

13. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

yea, that was the situation, I was the one that took the pic for rocketgirl

fwiw, she asked for a pic, he didn't say anything other stood next to her and faced me to take a pic off her iPhone. That did rub off us off the wrong way, at least Marcus Morris talked to her before/after taking a pic with her. I gave him a pass he's a rookie and first taste of the NBA in summer league. I haven't come across of having a bad vibe from him since but these reports doesn't help my thoughts on him.

14. Apps

Apps Member

Do those condemnations of his character still hold no water if it is indeed true that he did what he was said to have done? What are the excuses going to be then? He was having a bad day? He was too shy to kindly ask the man to move?

I think "standoffish and rude" might be an understatement in light of these recent actions. It's good that he won't face jail time, and of course his crime wasn't a very serious one, but "standoffish and rude" are certainly starting to look a bit more apt than you've given them credit for.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Usually, I would agree, but here you have an officer witnessing a cruel and unnecessary act. Maybe it is getting reported incorrectly?

Whatever happened, you have to usually do something pretty stupid or pretty illegal or pretty violent to get arrested.

I just hate seeing the organization's name in the press for stupid crap like this. Oh well.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Like I said, I'm not passing judgement, I just want everyone to understand the situation down there (Im assuming off of 3rd ave.) with the multitude of "homeless" scammers who are a big problem up there.

This homeless guy might be a person in real need, but there is a possibility that he's one of the jerks that hang out down there begging for money, and drive off in their BMW.

I remember one time I gave half of my sandwhich (from Bunk Sandwiches ... if your ever there, its good stuff) and the "homeless" man threw it in the trash, cussed me out, and told me to give him cash next time instead.

Regardless, Jones was still an idiot for doing whatever he did, but I just want everyone that's never been downtown Portland to know how it is down there.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Always like D-Mo more

18. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Morey aint gonna be happy

19. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

The guy was literally sleeping on the street. That's a hell of a commitment to the scam.

Would it really be any better if Jones stomped a guy that he merely THOUGHT was homeless, anyway?

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Hey, I once had a girlfriend with borderline personality disorder. And she definitely would not have been my ex-anything had I known before meeting her. Talk about a nightmare.

As for Terrence, maybe he handed the guy a $20 and asked for change? "Hey, man, give me $10. (when ignored, he stomps) Hey, wake up! I said give me my change!"

Yep. Let's get Terrence in an NBA Cares commercial.

"We go to the V.A., we go to cancer centers....we stomp on homeless people..."