1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TECH HELP] Dish Network Satellite setup

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TexasStake, Nov 15, 2013.

1. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

Ok so according to DISH, the only way to fix my problem of not being able to view ESPN in HD is that I have to set my receiver up to sattelite 72.7 is that I need a technician to come out for a $95 fee. If this is the case I'm cancelling my service.

Does anyone know how I can do this without a technician? It can't be that difficult because most of the time the tech would come out and be on his phone to someone else getting directions and all he really does is hit a few buttons on the remote.

2. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

I have on my settings satellites 77, 72, and 61.5 but not 72.7 Whats weird is this happened about 2 months ago with the HD version of ESPN channels and they were able to run through a couple of trouble shooting tips with me and it fixed itself. I don't think this is the reason Im not getting HD channels on ESPN I think there is just a glitch. If that were the case I wouldve never been able to watch ESPN HD from the start.

3. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Call Dish and ask to be transferred to the retention department.
    Tell them that you will cancel if they don't fix this for free.
    I am pretty sure they will waive the fee

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It depends on if you new a new dish. I am not familiar with Dish Network and their array of messy hardware. You wouldn't have this issue with DirecTV.

I would suggested posting on satelliteguys.us They can tell you exactly what you need to do.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This should work, I've done it before.

If you threaten to cancel and get DirecTV instead, they will send out a technician and waive the fee.

6. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

WWWWWWTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF read this F"in convo:

Joji (ID: 7J8): Hi, my name is Joji (ID: 7J8). How may I help you?
    Joji (ID: 7J8): Hi Paul. How are you today?
    Paul Childres: Hi Im good thanks
    Joji (ID: 7J8): It's nice to know that are you doing good. Thank you.
    Paul Childres: I have an issue that Im unsure about
    Paul Childres: Ive had this issue for a few weeks and contacted you guys on Friday about it and the answer/solution I was given doesn't make much sense
    Paul Childres: the issue is I'm missing my HD channels just on the ESPN channels (ESPN, ESPN2 ect...)
    Paul Childres: the SD version comes in fine, but the HD channel isn't listed on my program guide
    Joji (ID: 7J8): Sorry to hear that.
    Paul Childres: I've gone through all the troubleshooting steps, and at the end of it all I was told the reason its not coming in for me is I don't have satelite 72.7 on my receiver
    Paul Childres: I've had ESPN HD programming for a while now and have only had issues up until recently
    Paul Childres: so the 72.7 satellite reasoning doesn't really seem logical
    Joji (ID: 7J8): Yes, Once you upgrade your package to Latino Max you can get ESPN (ESPN) in HD
    Paul Childres: Latino Max?? I have Americas top 120+ multisport
    Joji (ID: 7J8): Yes.
    Joji (ID: 7J8): Once you upgrade your package to Latino Max, your Dish Satellite need to upgrade also to get ESPN in HD.
    Paul Childres: since when?
    Paul Childres: Ive always had ESPN HD without any issues. Whats Latino Max have to do with ESPN HD?
    Joji (ID: 7J8): Let me check that for you.

------------------------

WTF is this guy a 10 year old? Does he not comprehend my english???? He isn't competent in the least! OMG

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Seriously dude. Check out satelliteguys.us forums. They will tell you what you need to do.

8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Probably need to point your dish in a slightly different angle. I have family friends who do dish work. They have to point the dish in a certain direction and then get the code (72.7) correct.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

LOL....dude trying to sucker you into another set of channels.

10. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

I would not mess with you dish alignment yourself b/c you will knock out other channels. That being said, have you done a hard boot on the receiver? Remove the card and let it redownload guide/info.