1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teams resting players against the Warriors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Lebronto, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Lebronto

Lebronto Member

We saw this a lot last season against the Rockets. If teams had star players who were ready to come back against the Rockets they took another game off. If one of their starters had a lingering injury they rested up vs Houston.

I want to see teams really start resting players against the Warriors. There is no way the league can prove or disprove a player being sore, and not 100 percent. A one game rest can go a long way, especially against a tough team like the Warriors. It is strategy in the end. Rest a game you know youre gonna lose to increase your chances of winning the next one.

Anytime there is a back to back I want to see teams resting players against the Warrirs. Let them go 82-0. There fans will be bored to death. They already blow out everyone.

Back at you DeMarcus Cousins. The leauge will have to do something if everyone takes a stand against this bullshit. The NBA should not be a 1 team league.

Come playoff time when teams play hard, healthy and in pressure situations the Warriors could choke and not know how to react after having such an easy season.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Or all of the star players that rested won’t know how to play against the Warriors. Think about that one for a minute......

Lawlruschang likes this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Winning every game isn't boring.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Counter-point: If the Warriors know their opposition's best players will be resting, why wouldnt GS then also rest their players? Just have Curry and Klay play that game. Or Curry and KD. Or KD and Cousins. Or Thompson and Green. Etc.

Games would probably be closer, creating those "pressure situations" that you think GS would never experience.

5. Lebronto

Lebronto Member

they would have to rest the entire season and be rusty come playoff time.

if i am a coach and the warriors open the game with a 20 point lead in the first im not putting my best player back in. the nba cant do anything about that.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why would they have to rest the entire season? I'm not understanding. You're thinking as though GS will go hard and fast every night, to secure the win because of the mythical 82-0.

But LA decides to sit LeBron or we decide to sit Harden/CP3, the Warriors wouldn't have to play all their good players, to get the win.

And if for some reason, in your scenario, the opposing team wins and gives GS a loss, then the pressure is off to go 82-0.

7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I’m all in for developing our scrubs...

8. Lebronto

Lebronto Member

yes develop scrubs, bore warriors fans, and give the finger back to cousins after he flipped one to everyone associated with the nba and every fan

the warriors are only gonna lose 10-12 (if that) games and secure the top record anyways. what difference does it make if teams take those games seriously?