1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team with the worst attendance?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tacoma park legend, Mar 5, 2001.

1. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Has got to be the New Jersey Nets. By the numbers, the rockets are in the same class as them, but if you saw what I'm seeing you'd swear the numbers aren't telling the truth. They have no one, and I mean NOT ONE FREAKING PERSON in the upper deck in their game vs the bucks right now. In the lower section, only about 3/4 of it are filled up, with absolutely NO ONE sitting behind the basket. There can not be more than 3,000 people at this game. I have no clue how the Nets don't go bankrupt. Is is the TV money? merchandise? It's ridiculous how few people go to their games. A willowridge game gets more interest than a Nets game, and more fans. Is there another team with worse attendance by looks, not by numbers, than the Nets? Miami's attendance looks very bad on TV too. Maybe it's just those ugly ass yellow seats they have.

------------------

2. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Damn, New Jersey? I mean, I know they suck, but in my opinion, that is a hell of a fun team to watch. They've quickly become my second-favorite team. Marbury is unbelievable, and, when that team is on, they are FUN. It's just too bad that they're only on about once every twenty games... [​IMG]

------------------
    Jazzkiller

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

4. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Guys, I think the fact that the NY/NJ area is expecting or has already received a snowstorm of historic proportions is playing a role in that attendance. Houston doesn't have that excuse of a snowstorm. I'm sure they don't sell out that often or at all in the Meadowlands, but in today's case, they had a valid excuse.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    There's a very fine line between genius and madness.

http://www.clutchtown.com

5. The Voice of Reason

HELLO BLIZZARD

i live in Ny and I wouldnt go to the game if it was game 7 of the finals, and I had courtside seats with 7 nymphomaniac models.

it is NASTY OUT

we had gotten snow, sleet, and freezing rain all through sunday night, which ssettled out to about 4 inches. the rain kept coming, and knocked it down to about 2 inches. since then we have gotten about a foot of snow on top with mpore to come. by game time there must have been 8 inches of snow on top of all the ice.

but i really came in this room to point out that it appears that Kenyon has finally arived!!!

a trippledouble, and he did it with room to spare.

PEACE

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The weather is so good in Texas that I simply forgot.

Sorry.

I just feel like if the players can make the game then I am sure more than 3,216 can too.

------------------

7. tacoma park legend

Well that explains some of it. Still, every time I see a Nets game there is NOBODY there. It was just so damn funny what a little number of fans were at the game.

slcrocket, I wasn't bashing the Nets. They are pretty fun to watch...

------------------

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

has it benefits when i was on Holidays in NY i went to a Nets game started at the back at then moved down to just about the front row and man they are fun to watch.

They will get another good rookie next year, and remember imagine what they might be like if they had J Williams, Kittles and Drazen playing.

------------------
    "Repression never did me any harm (I finally ceased to include "stop masturbating" as one of my guilt ridden New Year's resolutions, but that's a different topic)." Achebe - programmer by day, Mrs Palmers Husband by night

9. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

My data is about two weeks old, but as of then - New Jersey is second to last in percentage of arena filled at 63.8%. Charlotte is last at 61%. Houston was 19th with 77%.

------------------
    The Rockets will be the NBA champions. Believe.

10. tacoma park legend

I did notice that the security must have been pretty layed back, because they let everyone move up. As a fan, that's nice, because you could buy some cheap seats and move almost to courtside without security hassling you.

------------------

11. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

Go Puedlfor Go!

12. cson

cson Contributing Member

...more like "The Voice of Insanity" [​IMG]

------------------
    C-son