1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team Challenges

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by man532, Jul 20, 2001.

1. man532

man532 Member

The Comets are serverly lacking in this department. Van is coaching Coquese out of her limited game. He must encourage her to penetrate and look her shot or pass. He is too hesitant. I watched the Comets cough up a four point lead with 2 minutes to go against the Orlando. Coquese dribbled the ball out of bounce due to pressure and Tynesha Lewis doesn't have a left hand as the back up point. Also, our point guards do not run the fast break effectively, very few buckets in transition due to our rebounding and ball handling woes.

In addition, they need a 6'5" stiff in the middle to play defense in the zone. The team is being outrebounded horribly and it's due to a lack of boxing out on every rebound.

------------------
    Let go and let GOD!

2. University Blue

PG: Houston does not have an effective ball-handler. Henderson is a stronger PG than Washington or Lewis -- which is why she should start.

SG: Arcain is great, but can be in-consistent in critical situations. Three turnovers in three consecutive possessions with less than three minutes in the game are costly.

SF: I love Lassiter. She is a great rebounder and help defender. Her offense is a little un-reliable and she'll need to get stronger in the off-season.

PF: Thompson is strong, but not laterally quick. [Note: Thompson received a one-game suspension for throwing a forearm in the Orlando game.]

I feel Stafford-Odom will be this year's Tammy Jackson -- Chancellor's secret weapon in the playoffs.

C: Johnson does the best with what she has. In the post-season, in critical situations, I'm most comfortable with Tammy Jackson at C. Maybe Houston should save Jackson for the final five minutes of playoff games.

Overall Team: Unclear on the concept of spacing, not very physical, and lacks height to compete with LA or Sacramento.

University (3 in 3 with less than 3) Blue

------------------