1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Taxes] The poor pay much higher tax rates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by GladiatoRowdy, Jan 14, 2015.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Get rich homies. Only solution.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The response is, "no **** the poor pay more taxes".

The ante is, "tax increases hurt the middle class the most, immediately following the poor".

Some of you seem genuinely surprised the poor end up paying 40%-60% of their earnings into taxes and other government mandates.

3. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Not the only solution. Getting rid of government and then just eating the rich that said government serves and protects is not only a more fun solution, but also a more realizable one for most people (not to say that it is likely, but it is more likely than everyone getting rich -- which is impossible).

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is almost nobody amongst the poor who pay no taxes. They pay taxes.

5. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Which would also turn out to be regressive. :rolleyes:

6. GladiatoRowdy

Everyone in America pays taxes, even illegal immigrants. Anyone who claims differently is lying through their teeth.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You are assuming across the board tax increase. It's not at all difficult to focus the increases on higher earner, especially those that have no wages but still bring in huge earning each year through investment income. You can probably reduce the taxes for the lower income worker and more than cover that short fall with increases on the higher end income earners.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yes, we'd be genuinely surprised becasue you're pretty much just making that number up and expect everybody to know that this made up number, trickling about your noggin...is FACT, people, FACT!

From the very first paragraph of the original post:

Very serious question - how can you seriously expect anybody to take you seriously? Unless your name is Yahoo Serious, and this is performance art.

Which I think it is.

1 person likes this.
  9. val_modus

val_modus Member

The good old trickle down myth..
    When conservatives acknowledge that the stock market is at record highs and that corporate profits are at the highest they've ever been, while also stating that the economy is failing under Obama, are they admitting trickle down economics doesn't work?

10. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

I applaud the Oil and Gas industry that has created such technologies and efficiency that the price of oil and gasoline has dropped significantly.

This is a significant direct reduction in expenses for middle and lower income families in America.

The Politicians however are already eyeing this as an opportunity to increase excise taxes on gas and take away from everyday Americans.

Government has a great tendency of increasing prices to everyday Americans, I instead applaud American Business like retail, restaurants and energy firms that have found manners to provide products at the lowest possible prices and allow Americans to keep much more of their income.

11. SamFisher

For somebody who is entering his middle 30's, why do you still sound like a HS sophomore?

I mean this is just too dumb by half. I'm beginning to question your bona fides.

12. Bob Barker 007

Someone is going to have to explain to me why rent control is worthy of anything. I've seen it implemented in New York City to horrible failure. My friend has to bribe the landlord the market value over the limit just to keep his apartment.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

As long as the rich have to pay the 15 percent social security tax on ALL their income.

14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I feel it wise to adopt the teachings of today's popular Canadian hip-hop artists, like Drake:

15. GladiatoRowdy

Yes, that sentence is very close to the mantra of most conservatives these days. You care more about your own selfish gains than the good of American society.

16. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

You sound like someone living in Candyland, that is looking for a hopeless utopia that is stark contrast with the human spirit.

So what do you do for a living SamFisher? I'm very curious.

17. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

The human spirit? What exactly is that? Is there a set definition of exactly what that is?

you can always tell when someone's ideas are secretly self serving non-sense when they start justifying them based on nebulous non-quantifiable concepts like faith, human nature, morality, justice, etc.

And I don't just mean to call you out for this, many other ideologies are also guilty of this error -- but all of yall need to stop.

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Liberals dream. Wealth redistribution and tax the rich more.

Imagine a small stream. Now imagine a rock as big as wide as the stream. Now throw that rock in the middle of the stream. Will it stop the water? No. The water will find a way around it. The same applies to the rich and money. They will always find a way around the tax.

And who do you think is throwing that rock into the stream? (passing the tax law). Congress if full of rich people. Do you really think they are not going to pass a law that is not full of loopholes? That rock wont land in the middle of the stream.

19. SamFisher

In the spirit of nonresponsiveness and not offering anything at all - here's a picture of an onion.

[​IMG]
    Is this an entreaty? Would you like me to take you under my wing? The rewards will be plentiful if you make the cut. Thus far though, I can't say I'm optimistic about your prospects.

20. SamFisher

Imagine a rock.

Imagine a rock falling on Space Ghost's head

Now read his posts in this thread.