1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Talks about Rondo??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MiracleShot, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

I was flipping channels on espn and nbatv and i heard them saying that the celtics and rockets are having talks about trading tmac for rondo? :confused: :confused: anyone know anything about this? seen any articles to confirm? :confused: :confused:

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

That would be stupid.. we have AB.. rondo is worthless for us.. I doubt the Rockets are having any talks about that. Wouldn't even work out salary-wise..

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'd rather not trade one headcase for another.

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Would be nice for Boston, REALLY nice. The only problem, they would not have a pg. Maybe Rondo + somebody for Tracy and Lowry for example.

But the Rockets are NOT doing this.

5. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

I know thats what i was saying which is why im confused as hell

6. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

First of all, its pretty much impossible unless they add Ray Allen.

Rondo and Ray Allen for McGrady and Brooks?

But why would either of us do that?

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm not saying the Rockets should do the deal but are you saying Rondo isn't an upgrade over AB? If you are I disagree.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

1) Rondo is incredibly overrated imo

2) PG is not a need for this team. Why add depth to a strength rather than add depth to a weakness?

9. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

they have talked about trading allen..

i doubt there is anything brewing, but i could see that as a realistic scenario given the rumblings of unhappines with rondo as a person/player

10. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

I think what he's saying is if we had ab lowry AND rondo rondo would be totally worthless, + AB is young and developing very nicely

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i think it's just ESPN/national news bringing something up.

b/c of last year, i don't think rondo wants to resign unless he has to. he wants to be in power. and he believes he has the potential to be an all-star, esp. what he did in the playoffs last year.

and you're right. the celtics would ask for AB also b/c they need a PG. and the celtics would have to give up either allen or pierce for morey's liking.

but it's all fun and games with these talks.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

To get to McGrady + Brooks, for instance (over $24M), Boston would need
    to trade something like: Rondo, House, Perkins, Wallace and Scalabrine. LOL

13. t_mac1

umm... i love AB, but i would do this trade in a heartbeat if all they want is AB + tmac.

rondo is only 23. and he's improving (esp. with his midrange jumper). he's an improving passer and a GREAT defender at the PG position. he can play both in the half-court set and fastbreak. plus, he has all-star status written all over him.

unfortunately, i don't think the celts would do this unless rondo forced their hands.

14. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I rather have AB than Rondo, AB is much better scorer. And that is what we need right now, scoring.

1 person likes this.
  15. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Oh sorry i was under the impression that rondo is older, never really been interested in celtics. And yeah you're right i don't think that the celtics would do the trade

16. inler

inler Contributing Member

he refused to sign an extension today, does that count as forcing?

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

lol.... we don't play our offense that way though.. especially with Yao. We just need to run the offense through Yao, so Rondo would be totally worthless. We need an excellent 3Pt shooter at that spot... and Brooks provides that. Brooks is starting to get his own shot now... I'm not saying he's better than Rondo, but for us he's certainly better than Rondo. Giving up T-Mac (a valuable asset because of his contract) for Rondo is a terrible idea, we can do better.

18. t_mac1

uhh.. playoffs last year for mr. rondo, when he introduced himself to the NBA

16.9ppg, 9.7rpg, 9.8apg

uhh, you trade aaron brooks for a triple double machine + great defense

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Rondo is great on defense. I can only imagine what he, Ariza, and Battier would look like together. It wouldn't be pretty offensively, but Rondo's an underrated playmaker and uses picks well. And if you want a running team, Rondo's proven he can step up and lead.

20. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Thats why the call you TheGreat. This makes since for both teams Ray Allen is an expiring contract and the Celtics are quietly trying to trade Rondo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.