1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Talked to Mike James Today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dubious, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I was hitting balls at a SW driving range. As you guys may know I work part time for Callaway Golf as a tech rep. So as the guy next to me struggled through his bucket, I noticed he had Callaway clubs but not a Callaway driver. I had a couple of the new models with me so I asked him if he would like to try them out. We talked golf for about 10 minutes and I introduced myself at the end and he told me his name. I said oh, you play for the Rockets? He said yeah.

Here are some points we hit on:

1. He thinks The Rockets have the best 2 deep line-up in the NBA...he's pumped.

2. He says Bonzi has lost 35 pounds.

3. He thinks he and Stevie will spend some time on the floor at the same time with T-mac at the 3. He really likes the addition of Scola, seemed like he had watched him play some.

4. He's working out with John Lucas in Bellaire, hasn't really worked out with any of the team yet, starts October 1st.

5. He's just a beginner at golf, I told him all the hoopster golfers are members at Royal Oaks but he thought that was too rich for his blood (forgot to ask about his trade kicker cash) He's been doing his golfin at some pretty low end public courses on the Westside.

6 He is building a house (right over by me actually) that will have an indoor 94' basketball court.

7. He does own a T-shirt that says "I'm Mike James B*tch". Someone gave it to him in NY when he was with Toronto, he scored 30+ on the Knicks that night so, he wore to the next Raptors practice.

8. He did not appreciate Van Gundy's constant ragging, thinks he will flourish with Adelman.

9. I told him all the Rockets fanatics were on Clutchfans and to check us out.
    I told him I would post this conversation.

10. I also told him I didn't want to be rude but we do have the rOckHead rule and that it doesn't count without a picture, so I pulled out my phone and he gave me the thumbs up.

So call BS if you want but I have a camera phone photo. I just can't figure out how to get it to e-mail on my Samsung-c417. I selected the photo, selected e-mail, put in my e-maill address, hit send, the bar moved across like it sent, but it never shows up in my e-mail box (I can post it on Flicker from there)

edit: Oh it says service denied, guess I don't pay to send pictures.

#1 Dubious, Sep 12, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  2. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

In other news, all donut shops in the Houston metro area have shut down in observance and remembrance of 9/11.

3. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

damn Bonzi lost 35 pounds. We're set. He's playing for another contract.

4. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Thanks for posting this. Bonzi loosing 35 pounds sound great!

Also, about the cell phone thing. I have the same model as you, but you need to be able to send Multimedia Files on your cell phone, and it seems you don't have that with your cell phone package.

5. abundance

abundance Member

Fantastic post, Dubious. No photo, but you don't have a reputation of posting fake threads anyway. That's good enough for me. The other posters might rag you though.

6. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

doubt it... i bet the donut shops are doing great with the splurging of a depressed Tim Purpura having a lot of free time now.
    jk.

he is working with john lucas and not JL3 right?

7. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

That's awesome! Does he need some some friends to help break it in?, and yes, I literally mean break. ;)

8. AggieRocketFan96

Sorry. No Picture, Didn't Happen.

J/K. Thanks for sharing, interesting things he said to you, especially the part about Bonzi losing 35lbs. I sure hope that is true. My biggest concern with the roster is Mike James and Stevie finding their niche and checking their egos at the door come training camp. But if they can pull that off, the Rox may have a major advantage in the backcourt with very little dropoff when rotating guards. Again, thanks for getting the gouge.

9. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

seems legit nice bro! hope to see the pic lol

10. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Bonzi Wells went from a Big Bertha to a putter .. niceeeee :D

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, Bonzi is back at 270 now after losing 35?

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

LMAO...nice!

13. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

I bet thunderthighs is brokenhearted (although hopefully Bonzi isn't brokenlegged).

14. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Wow for Bonzi to lose 35lbs is amazing!! Did the girl at the club shift a thigh off of him or something? That's the only way I can see him losing 35lbs in the summer.

J/K - Great news if it's true!

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Great post. Thanks for thinking of us.

But did you seriously not recognize Mike James?

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Glad that he seems motivated and happy. The Rockets need a big year from him to reach their potential.

It's funny that when MJ returned back via trade, he was big news here. Then AB's performance at Summer League pushed MJ into the background. Then SF's signing pushed MJ further into the background. Then the Scola trade and his performance in Vegas basically eliminated any MJ talk around here.

I repeat: Glad that he seems motivated and happy. We need a big year from him. If both he and SF are productive at PG we will be a major force.

17. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Awesome post. :) You rock. I'm feeling good about the positive vibes and MJ and Stevie working this season :)

18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

I dont get it...did you act like you didnt know who he was or something?

20. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Bonzi looked thinner in the pictures of the T-MAC Softball charity thingy. so i believe what james i saying. even adelman said that bonzi looks in great shape and is raring to go.

If were gonna play tracy at the 3, as i suspected the biggest loser in all this under adelman is gonna be battier. i just see he's minutes going down. i still see him starting, but he's minutes will go down. especially if bonzi comes into training camp inshape. healthy bonzi>Battier