1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Talk is Cheap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pgabriel, Dec 24, 2005.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

"As long as I'm the court we'll be fine"

Apparently not Mr. McGrady. I didn't start this thread because the Rockets are losing, I'm starting this thread because this guy's career is becoming a whole lot of talk.

He wanted to leave toronto because he wanted to get out of Vince's shadow. He couldn't handle it. He talked about making Swift a better player. Swift's gotten worse (which isn't McGrady's fault) but shut up and just play.

I usually don't start threads because the team has hit a dry spot, especially when the biggest blame is injuries, but this ENTIRE team opened up a big can quit the last two games including Tracy who just talked about putting this team on his shoulders.

McGrady's a great player, a top five player in talent and production. But it takes a little more to be a great leader. A lot of people on this board give him a pass for that last season in Orlando but this is the same player. But there are certain responsibilities that come along with franchise status that goes beyond on-court production.

McGrady talks a lot like he is the leader of this franchise, now its time to show us what he is made of. I don't care about wins, I just want to see some heart.

2. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

well ya know....

there's this one guy on our team, that never has a chance to see the rim anymore since he's double and triple teamed everytime.

perhaps you've heard of him?

3. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

yeah, like steve francis

predictable

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

The Steve Francis lover strikes again!

I don't think I have seen a pgabriel post in the GARM for a while now, but doesn't surprise me in the least bit that he would finally 'show up' at such an opportune time.

So predictable :rolleyes:

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

that's fine, I expected that since there really is no defending the team quitting.

6. tigermission1

Where was that "quitting" talk when the team had their best west-coast swing in franchise history just two games ago?

It's amazing what happens when all your primary rotation players fall to injuries, isn't it pgabriel?

And here I thought you were smarter than that...

7. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

what's that??

magic suck??

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm smart enought to know that true character is measured under tough circumstances.

9. user

user Member

Wait until Deke comes back. I still believe that Alston need to come back and play his potential. No true PG hurts this team for too long.

10. tigermission1

You mean "tough circumstances" as in when they were 2-10 or 2-9 to start the season and then went on an 11-day road trip and ended up with a 5-1 record?

I didn't hear your "praise" during that stretch.

BTW, the Magic have a good young team that is up-and-coming, and your favorite player happens to be on that team. So how about just rooting for them? You don't seem to like anyone on this franchise, players or coaches or owner or whatever. So why not just make the switch?

11. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Tmac destroys Francis.

12. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Starting threads like this certainly does not lend you any credence....

[​IMG]

Here's a new flash for you, the rest of the team couldn't hit a shot thus the 31% shotting avg. Its kinda hard to create when half the other team is guarding you because the rest of your team can't buy a basket.

13. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

keep the pressure coming

we've got the numbers on pgabriel!

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I would agree if Tmac even had some sort of a scrubby secondory scorer. But when you are going out with the likes of Lonnie Baxter, Ryan Bowen, David Wesley and Juwon Howard, even Jordan and Wilt cound't have done much better.

The other team simply does not have to guard 2-3 of our players. If 60% of the opposing team is geared to stopping Tmac what do you expect him to do.

If we atleast had Deke, Barry, Anderson and Altson out there we would be doing okay.

15. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

For a second I thought that said "Obama Queen" and I was wondering what the heck does Barak Obama have to do with T-Mac?

16. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I can understand the Rox and T-Mac struggling because of all of the injuries but after hearing about Kobe going for 62, Iverson going for 53 and Carter going for 51 while T-Mac has been stuck in the teens the past two games makes me wonder.

I'm not up on whose on the rosters of those other teams but zone D's apply to Kobe, Iverson and Carter too. Are those teams supporting casts so much better than the Rox right now that they take enough pressure off or is T-Mac now not the T-Mac that could dominate games like he did before or those players are now?

17. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

well NJ has guy named Jason Kidd and Richard Jefferson and he scored 37 in the 2nd half. And kobe scored 62 on a dallas team that doesnt play defense and the lakers role player are better than ours anyways right now they arent injured like we are look at our team. Yes it does suck we arent doing as expected and right when we were (5-1 roadtrip) Yao goes down well thats the way the season is going to go no need to bash on Tmac who gives his heart to this organization. Please to all the naysayers when this team starts to win all you Fa&s can jump on the bandwagon until then Foff people

18. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

Oh and not to keep ranting but look at the people that talk shi886t they have 5,000 to 8,000 posts what do you do Ive been looking at this site since 99-00 and registered 02 there is no need to talk soooo much about b.s. if you want to diss your own team all the time and talk how much one player sucks blah blah cause thats all yall twerps do. Go get on some other team bandwagon oh hey they pistons look good yall can be there fans. SORE LOSERS write 8,000 times in 2 years.

19. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

:confused: If that's the case, then why did you start this thread? Not enough Rockets bashing going on for your liking?

20. daRox

daRox Member

it's a cycle on this bbs.

We went on losing streak without T-Mac...Yao haters came out

We're struggling without Yao... Fracis lovers come out

Hopefully Yao lovers won't come out when we continue to struggle through January. :( and we all that we're not done with the T-Mac honeymoon but T-Mac haters are growing.