1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Talk about cheap ownership

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pat, Jul 24, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I stand corrected then. I thought you couldn't post on banned people's profile. What happened? Thats two ass whoopings for Jopat now.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

right, exactly my point, they can come up with reasons to duck the tax every year. at some point its time to go all in even for 1 or 2 years.

in fact the idea of ducking the repeater tax by avoiding paying the tax in the first year of harden's contract is way worse than trying to avoid paying it in the last year.

it makes almost a billion times more sense to go all in while harden/russ are 30 and 31 and duck the tax when they're 34 or 35. we won't be a contender the last year or two of their contracts due to regression.

win now, duck later.

Kim likes this.
  3. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Lmao Found the guy that didnt get the joke about mental break down smh. Take it easy sport. Relax woo saah. Inhale then release. Dont bust a nut doing it okay just do me that favor.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’m not exactly ecstatic with a lot of things the front office has done. But they do claim they are willing to go over the tax, and those that think that’s a load of BS should just look at the Butler situation.

If the rumours were true and we would have traded for him, then Harden and Paul and Butler would have made $108 million combined. Doesn’t that sound like a luxury tax team?