1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taking Bets: Where will Clutch be in 3 years?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rimbaud, Apr 18, 2000.

Tags:
  1. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we drift off into fantasy land and pretend (it can only be pretend because it will not happen) that the Rockets do move when their lease expires, what does everyone think Clutch would turn this site into?

A _____ Rockets Web site?

A Spurs Fan Site?

A Jazz Fan Site?

A Milli Vanilli reunion site? (especially hard since the death of one of them).

BryceDrew/Back Street Boys World Tour 2004 Homepage?

Surely, someone can think of something better...

------------------
    rimbaud post-a-thon 2000

2. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

haha..that's freakin' hillarious--

"Bryce Drew/Backstreet Boys World Tour..."

Also, HP.. enjoyed your post as well.

-Elie17

------------------

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I can tell you it won't be a Spurs site. Clutch can't stand 'em. It's not a problem, though, since the Rockets aren't going to move.

[​IMG]

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

4. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

Exactly Jeff.

HP: you forgot me I am a new member(Jan. 12) but I geuss I didn't do anything to get noticed b/c people newer then me were listed [​IMG]

I am hiring LHutz to sue you for descriminating against me. [​IMG]

------------------
    ~John~
    Hi, my name is John and I'm a clutchaholic.
    Houston NHL

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

25. Johnny Rocket for winning a class action lawsuit against Heypartner for discrimination (but LHutz embezzles all the money)

6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

In three years, Clutch will be . . .

Eddie Sefko's new employer.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

back at clutchcity.com

once rivals.com loses interest in thinking they can IPO a late-coming sports "network", and cc.net members pitch-in to buy it back in a philanthropic campaign after our individual unexpected windfalls, from:

1. Will shorting NASDAQ all the way to 2,000

2. DaDakota's Starlancer making the Top 10 hits

3. LHutz getting awarded alimony in a landmark case against his ex-wife

4. Francis3 getting his sales commission after Kenyon still gets the #1 pick

5. Jenna for selling her tickets to Heypartner

6. Heypartner becoming the city's most successful Rocket's season-ticket scalper

7. Crisco for winning the Betty Crocker Bake-Off and selling his recipe to the Pillsbury Doughboy company

8. Popeye for finally being recognized for his grab bag of exciting trade rumors and replacing the slowing Peter Vescey at ESPN

9. SurfGuy for finally catching The Big One, and making Clutch his life insurance beneficiary

10. Francisandbarkleyrule (who's actually a clever Jazz fan and Mormon) donating 10% of his earnings received from blackmailing us into making him stop posting, (he decided he couldn't give blackmail money to the church)

11. Jeff after the Basic's recent come-back tour goes nationwide in an unprecedented retro-movement for 2000 by MTV to embrace vinyl bands who have only radio play to date,

12. RiceAlumn after making his 1st million for being a Rice Alumn

13. RocketsPimp after cornering the Prom Night market

14. thecabbage after Cato comes to cc.net and reads cabbage man's "signature" and feels so guilty he gives us some of his paycheck

15. Nolen after finally seeing Heypartner's Rudy Flash playbook, he "reinvents" it and lands the Cougar coaching job

16. Dreamshake lands the Clippers coaching job after convincing the owner by saying, "In a nutshell, you need a better FG%."

17. TexasSalsa after getting a national distributor

18. ROCKET RICH NY: after taking over the music scene and finally living up to his name

19. Lil Pun after finally winning the Short and Pithy category in O.Henry Pun-Off World Championships

20. JuanValdez after selling his moniker to a local Starbucks franchise owner who was a little overexuberant in his dreams of becoming the next coffee mogul

21. Outlaw turning in his best friend for bounty

22. Pole hitting it big in his frequent trips to Las Vegas (or was that Davo)

23. Aelliott after successfully negotiating a peaceful settlement to stop the next NBA Lock-out,

24. and the largest contributor, DrOfDunk for raising one rare Pokemon card in donation from each junior member fantasy-head for a well-orchestrated public undressing of Heypartner

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited April 18, 2000).]

8. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

It seems only fitting that he would run a SPURS website.....just a hunch.

[​IMG]

------------------
    HOOP-T

Hey Shaq, Acme called, and they want their bricks back!