1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-mac Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by greenfish, Nov 29, 2012.

1. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

I think it's the game. These guys(Tmac, Mabury, etc) are paid almost nothing compared to what they used to make, so other than the game itself I can't think of any other reason for them to travel thousands of miles to play in China.

2. tksense

tksense Member

Or fans/recognition, as mentioned. Notice both men went out to look for that happy ending finally, to get cheers at the close of their careers?

3. Dei

Dei Member

Early on in their careers, McGrady was like the older guy. If you watched T-Mac in 04-05, esp. the play-offs, the guy was an absolute leader. At one point, when Yao was keeping on fumbling his passes, Tracy walked up to him in the bench and outright told him.

Well, that never happened again. By the end, the dynamics of their relationship flipped around.

4. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

I believe I can fly.

5. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Who is T-Mac?

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

LOL, I noticed his facial expression too.

He's only grimacing for the cameras, it's a built in excuse for his team losing.;)

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I wished our lower level seats at Toyota Center was like that in China, occupied.

8. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

I don't know about that.

But I see this girl play in the NBA every week.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hgm1EzIDYlA/TMWeAjjlXvI/AAAAAAAAAdw/AvqaL8xmD0E/s400/joakim-noah-mar1juana-bulls_nc.jpg

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

$1 million is $1 million.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

to China

11. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

Fan support could be a factor, especially in Tmac's case since he's been wildly popular in China. But im not so sure about recognition. How much does it really mean to win a championship in the CBA? :confused:

12. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

It's definitely a lot of money but cmon.. those guys are beyond rich. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't go to another country to play ball just to make myself 1% richer.

13. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Plus, the airlines wouldn't let him take his guns onboard the plane. Sucks.

14. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

China is such a bizarre place right now - who wouldn't want to work there for a little while and travel at the same time and see everything. Hang out with Yao. It's a great opportunity for Tmac and the other NBA expats.