1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac Press Conference

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wakko67, Jan 13, 2009.

Tags:
  1. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Dude, you're awesome!

2. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

I was thinking the same thing. I wish he would've taken those 3 weeks so he could be working his way back already.

3. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I really did not expect to be having this bad of a season, injury wise and thought by January we'd be rounding into form.

I hope he can get it together. He has a major effect on every facet of this team.

4. ApuN

ApuN Member

Hey man, good translation.

Its impressive tat you understand two languages. Too many Americans can't even speak english to good.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Gonna rehab now.....awesome...hey, maybe next time you can be like your other teamates TSlack and rehab in the OFFSEASON like you are supposed to..

DD

6. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I think that question has already been answered. A major reason why this is having to happen now is that he didn't stick to the plan previously. I said this before in another thread -- it seemed to me like the criticism got under his skin back then and he decided to abandon his rehab plan and jump back on the court. He had one great game but he was not ready, and it hurt afterwards. Then not wanting to look like a wuss, he tried to force the issue but he just ended up looking really bad on the court. With criticism mounting and all the calls for him to show more effort on the court, he decided he was going to try to skip back to backs. That was the one that really blew up in his face. It did not work at all and started to cause a lot of frustration with his teammates, the staff, team management, everybody. It's quite possible that tempers flared at at least one point, which likely is responsible for some of the rumors and gossip going around. Finally Adelman and the team management decided to put their foot down and tell McGrady to sit and get himself back in shape before he returns, because it was clear he was no longer helping the team by being out there.

That's really the big picture I've gathered from this whole ordeal. What bothers me is that we were at this point two weeks into the season. It was at least obvious to me that McGrady in his current form then was not helping the team, and I thought it was a good idea to sit out then. He should've stuck with the plan. Coming back two weeks early was just a bad decision that made things worse for everybody involved. At this point I wouldn't mind if he sits out for a whole month. This team is deep enough and good enough to stay above water until he returns. He just needs to return early enough to reintegrate into the team well enough before the playoffs start.

7. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

We need Mcgrady to come back as a good soldier, not a lousy general

8. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

“I will play in the WNBA from now on just to raise my confidence."

9. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

hmmm. i wonder if tmac originally wanted to ask for a trade in the press conference before the game. and then DM/RA got a wind of it, asked him to hold if after the game and they took the time to talk about it.

im wondering if they agreed to make a trade with a team of tmac's choosing asap as long as tmac doesnt use the press conference to demand a trade. they want it quiet like so it wouldnt cause any negative publicity for the rockets org. and tmac agreed so he discussed about his off time to condition himself.

if that's the case, we could be looking forward to a deal in the next 2 weeks. im hoping tmac goes to phx. hill + amare + jrich for tmac + battier + scola.

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Yeah, I agree w/ this. Too much speculation, I think this is an effort to douse it.

Thanks, and good job on the translation freemaniam.

11. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

dude.. good job!

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The irony of this statement is killing me man! Killing me! did you just write that???? Did you really just write that!

13. DaDakota

Do I owe you something?

Of course wrote it....everyone should get a chance...if he admits that he was a lazy SOB and let his teamates down by not doing rehab.

DD

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

and here I thought he was going to say

"You deserve better from me. I can be better. I will be better."

15. geekSnake

geekSnake Member

that's if no team signs him and plays 10 games :p

16. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

lol, i was on the hancock thread.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just saying a man who never admits his faults asking another to admit his....

...kinda strange ya know.

18. DaDakota

Huh? I admit it when I am wrong, it is just so darned infrequent.

;)

DD

19. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

he's going to say "this game is on me!"

20. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

So what ever happened to the press conference? Any news of what he said?