1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac: Optimism in a Time of Despair

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Omer, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Omer

Omer Member

Ok, since everyone seems to be so down on what McGrady has become recently, let's look back at the talent he has and how lucky we are to have him.

I still believe he will come back soon enough and gradually improve until come playoff time we will see something like what T-Mac did in 2005.

I was searching on NBA.com and I came across this article. I was amazed at how good people thought he was when in Orlando.

Obviously he is unbelievably talented, there has to be something left within him. Just give it some time before you jump on the trade T-Mac bandwagon.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/saying_about_tmac_030401.html

Stunning. Best player in the league just a few years ago. He will be back.

2. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

I still believe there is some ORL-MAC in this Mcgrady.

But if he keeps getting injured, he will be forgotten soon.

3. drich

drich Member

as I keep saying tmac will be fine we will make the playoffs and then vintage tmac shall be back promise you all that

4. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

t-mac can be vintage mac all he wants but without him we are not a playoff team.

5. drich

drich Member

he will get us there and then take off

6. rocketsmetalspd

T-Mac will not be the T-Mac of old. He knows his body will not let him be what he used to be. I wish it weren't the case but the injury will never heal and I wish the Rockets would bring someone that can help out Yao.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I call BS

We are not a CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM . . maybe
    but
    we are DEFINATELY a Playoff teams
    As Long as we got Yao

Rocket River

8. eaglewu

eaglewu Member

What "go now" means? Does that mean a championship? or a playoff.

How many of you think we can win a champ in the next 4 years?

I do not believe that if we keep the current roster especially an unpredictable injured TMac. Do What should we do?

1. Do nothing and keep the current roster
    2. Trade supporting players such as Wells+Sura
    3. Trade TMac for another star
    4. Trade TMac for old veteran with expiring contract and hunt for a free agent next year.
    5. Turn off "Go no" mode and rebuild around Yao

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

I would say that TMac is not the only one in a world of hurt. If TMac comes back and takes the team deep into the playoffs, then I will believe that this a minor and temporary setback, nothing to concerned about. Otherwise, if these spasms occur again and again and he is out for several games at a time, the Rockets will need to have some very fresh ideas.

10. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Nice to see those comments about the "old" T-Mac. What about the "OLD" T-Mac though?

11. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

omg, finally a thread praising Tmac. I am sick of all of these r****ded "Tmac for AI" or the "Tmac for PJ Brown and Duhon" and the list keeps going on and on. I wonder where all of these guys who jumped on the trade bandwagon were in 04-05 when Tmac was carrying us in the playoffs. they were probably like "Tmac is my cousine" or "Tmac is the best player on earth, he is my favorite player".

I am really tired of all that BS. Tmac will be back soon and he will be healthy. and all of these doubters and naysayers are gonna have to eat their words and put these quotes that Omer posted in their sig.

btw, that was a great read Omer. thanks

12. Omer

Omer Member

No problem RocketsMac, we need something other than trade T-Mac and T-Mac Sucks threads on this forum.

Plus, we DO have one of the best talents ever on our team right now. It's just a matter of time before he comes around, I think he will be ready come playoff time.

13. xtint1n

xtint1n Member

yea thanks omer. great read. i never doubted tmac and a few of us like u guys don't either. tmac will come back and show everyone that he is still one of the best.

14. stangend77

stangend77 Member

t-mac is my favorite player, but we have to be realistic.......his back looks like it might never get back to full strength. i think all the trade t-mac threads are stupid, but i hope we will not be held hostage by t-macs back until his contract expires. heres to t-mac getting back to form and NO MORE INJURIES!