1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{T-Mac.com} you will see a fierce T-Mac on the court this season, that I can promise.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T-mac&Yao=RING, Oct 25, 2008.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

To those complaining about his own blog, what do you expect him to say?

"I'm missing preseason games because I worry about my health. I'm not as athletic as I used to be, so if you want me to stay fresh come playoff time, let me lessen the number of unnecessary games that could compromise my health and the team's success.

With Ron Artest on our team, he'll provide me and Yao more time on the bench so we're fresh during tough stretches of the game, and less injury prone from physical exhaustion. If Yao had only played 33 minutes a game, his foot probably would have been healthy last year. If I didn't have to carry the Magic for 40 minutes a game, or have the Rockets be so dependent on me as the only creator on offense, I probably wouldn't be as fatigued. With Artest I can play less minutes and know the Rockets will still be strong out there on the court.

You know the great thing about the Garnett and Allen trade last year? Each of those players were able to give each other a good 5 minutes extra time to rest on the bench. They were always able to stay fresh when it counted the most and healthy come playoff time. Artest is going to give that to us.

So complacent fans if you really care about the team's success, STFU and let me rest on unimportant games. The Rockets staff and I know a lot more about this game than you. The NBA season is a marathon. Not a track meet.

-T-Mac"

Would you prefer he said that or gave a vanilla answer that would be great for PR?

#21 London'sBurning, Oct 26, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  2. bbjai

bbjai Member

co signed

one of the best post I've seen all year. Go flame away haters

3. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Well said, sir!

4. Landryman14

Landryman14 Member

We all want it badly. I want to win, we want to win, and we will make Houston proud.

This made my day.

5. LakersPride

LakersPride Member

By saying he will play fierce this year is he admitting he wasn't trying hard everytime the last 4 years? :confused:

6. go2france

go2france Member

i totally agree with you. more movements without the ball.

7. go2france

go2france Member

"You know the great thing about the Garnett and Allen trade last year? Each of those players were able to give each other a good 5 minutes extra time to rest on the bench. They were always able to stay fresh when it counted the most and healthy come playoff time. Artest is going to give that to us."

hope to see it happen this coming soon.

by fierce, do you mean you have ARTEST with your side? :D (i am just kidding.) i love you and artest. we hope that you play smart basketball, more movements without ball pls.

8. sabesque

sabesque Member

<---- this guy is skeptical. talks cheap.

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'd prefer he shut up and show up.

If he needs to be a 3rd option finesse player for us, than do that. If he's going to be a focal point of the offense, than come to play every night, take it inside and out every game.

Evan

10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Eh whatever. Lots of players for teams that have actually won it all or come close have mailed it in the early part of the season. Duncan and Shaq are the first two that come to mind. Duncan puts up good stats but doesn't turn it on until around their Rodeo road trip. He's missed two weeks or so lately from fake injuries to keep his energy.

Shaq would neglect his injuries until the regular season started because according to his logic he wasn't getting paid off the clock. He would show up early in the season fat and out of shape and would mail it in. The first half of the season was him sweating all the crap food he ate in the off season.

Nash has taken time off with fake injuries when his team was assured an ideal spot in the playoffs. He was notorious for breaking down in the playoffs for the Mavericks, which was got him traded. He still went through the same struggles until the Suns actually got deep.

Brent Barry was given time off last year. This was a role player. This was a decision from a championship coach. Remember Brent Barry was traded last year and then cut for a whole month to get rest since he's so old? That was Pops decision.

There are other examples. Point being is personnel knows more about this than you. He's gotta give a PR answer because that's part of his job. Advertising for the team so that people will actually cheer the Rockets on. So again if you want him to be negative in his blogs in the beginning of the season than you would also suck at PR.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It's good to see Tracy using new words/phrases to give us his annual preseason empty promise.

12. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

All I know is that he has been using his post moves more than I remember as a Rocket. Very much attacking moves, even with the gimpiness. Also, even though its a limited sample size, he played a whole game's worth of minutes without shooting a poorly timed, early shot clock, 26 foot three pointer.

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I didn't say I wanted him to be negative in his blogs. Re-read my post.

Guys that play an extra 2 months have a good excuse to pace themselves going into the next season. Guys that play in the Olympics do as well. Guys that don't make it out of the first round don't.

McGrady has established a pattern of making big claims that he doesn't always make good on (I'm going to make Stromile Swift an All-Star! It's all on me!). Whether he needs to take time off for his major/minor/nagging injury has nothing to do with his urges to make claims like "you will see a fierce T-Mac this season." If the quote was "I don't expect the knee will keep me from being 100% on the court this season" - that's a fine non-negative PR answer.

Saying he will be "fierce" on the court is something he needs to just shut up and do. Especially given his pansy play from the tail end of the 22-win streak and midway through the Jazz series last year.

I want him to do well. I know he can do well. I don't need pre-mature boasts about how well he can do. I just want to see it happen.

Evan

14. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

de ja vu. It's on him again *sigh stay humble