1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{T-Mac.com} you will see a fierce T-Mac on the court this season, that I can promise.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T-mac&Yao=RING, Oct 25, 2008.

1. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

already posted :]

3. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

My bad lock it up please.

4. ChangAn Soul

ChangAn Soul Member

T-mac just still the T-mac ,and the Yao just the Yao ,also Artest is the more Artest~ :D :D

5. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

McGrady's good luck is coming

6. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I just want to see him able to move backward and laterally without looking all gimpy. I honestly don't care much about what his personal assistant writes on his website. Those kinds of statements are pumped out before every season. I want to see it on the court.

7. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

<object width="648" height="407"><param name="movie" value="http://community.2ksports.com/community/includes/swf/Player.swf?videosrc=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.2ksports.com%2Fcommunity%2Fstorage%2Fmedia%2Fv%2Fl1%2Fl2%2Fm1706.flv&downloadsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.2ksports.com%2Fcommunity%2Fstorage%2Fmedia%2Fv%2Fl1%2Fl2%2Fm1706.flv"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://community.2ksports.com/community/includes/swf/Player.swf?videosrc=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.2ksports.com%2Fcommunity%2Fstorage%2Fmedia%2Fv%2Fl1%2Fl2%2Fm1706.flv&downloadsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.2ksports.com%2Fcommunity%2Fstorage%2Fmedia%2Fv%2Fl1%2Fl2%2Fm1706.flv" width="648" height="407" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

8. Coob5

Coob5 Member

I just want to see the offense flow better when he is on the court. Everytime he is on the court our offense becomes stagnant and everyone just sits back to watch T-Mac. When he is off the court people are making cuts, setting screens. Rick needs to work on this during practice.

9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

What? That's not true

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Last season, Adelman's system didn't click with the team until Tracy was out for several games. He even admitted that watching this happen made him feel like he needed to fit in after returning. Even now, the #1 player on the team who doesn't follow Adelman's principles is Tracy. Much of the time he refuses to move without the ball. When Tracy gets the ball, he usually hangs on to it and will iso the defender. The whole idea of getting easier points for Tracy hasn't worked out very well.

I think it's very obvious the offensive system runs better without Tracy. I'm not saying the Rockets are better without him, just that the system runs smoother.

11. amak

amak Member

HEY RON!!!Since you Read clutchfans, I forgot to tell you something when you were on the Sacramento Radio a few nights ago...
    It just came to my mind when I was reading the article on T-Mac's interview on the last Preseason game vs the Kings.

Mac said he thought he was "moving well" for the 33 minutes that he played. To me and a lot of other fans, we thought he was moving kind of slow. And I believe he need to strengthen his defense.

This may sound either redundant...but my suggestion is for you and Tmac to work together during and or after practice defending eachother. Your Defense is awesome and I know you love to play defense and work on improving it all the time, and it works effective on Tmac and other stars...and it can help his offense only get better. And since you have such aggressive offense, Have Tmac try to guard you so he can get quicker and adapt to guarding you so he can Improve his defense on players like Kobe, Pierce and other elites in the Game.

Im posting this on different threads so that you (Ron) could somehow read this...

Thanks and Good Luck this season...I Love Yall with a Passion (in a non-gay way) Go Rockets!!!

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

go coach go

:D

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I know Tracy likes to have the ball in his hands and I really hate it, because he is very effective off the ball, especially catch and shoot.

But first of all I really don't think last season we played Adelman system. Everybody was learning it, but we still had Van Gundy's system which means just leave the ball in Tracy's hands and let him make something happen.

Another reason was lack of playmaking. I still hope Rafer, Aaron can finally play more like playmakers, especially Rafer. That will take the pressure off Tracy's shoulders and will let him focus on scoring.

14. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Jesus Christ, I wish he would just shut up. It's getting really hard to defend T-Mac.

15. blink

blink Contributing Member

i was going to say the same.... sigh.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I agree Adelman's system wasn't played much last season, but the times it worked was when Tracy was not on the floor. Regarding playmaking, Rafer is a zero of a playmaker. He creates nothing on offense. AB, on the other hand, has shown the potential to create a lot. Between him and Ron, maybe Tracy will get more shots from assists instead of one-on-one isos. We'll see.

17. 1onewonjuan

1onewonjuan Member

ya for rela tmac shouldnt of said that. thats just ****in stupid. he keeps saying he'll come back better and stronger.

obvoiusly w/ this rockets team he doesnt have as big of a load to carry as he ever did in ANY BASKETBALL TEAM HES PLAYED ON. he finally isnt the team, hes PART OF THE TEAM!!! HOORAY FOR TMAC, no more slave labor.

im sure hes gonna have one of his best if not his best season and hopefully the rest of hsi career if the team stays in tact.

18. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

Last season T-Mac seemed to be the lone guy getting it thru the first month of the season. Other guys were looking lost and were hovering around .500. Then T-Mac went down and the movement was starting to flow, and looking better, but they didn't have enough offensive talent on the floor to be efficient. However they were still a .500 team, which is as good as they've been whenever T-Mac is out.

When Yao went out that put another dent in the offense, which requires big men with some sort of capable offensive skills. Mutombo has no offensive skills whatsoever(not a knock, we still need his defensive presence). At least Chuck Hayes is a good passer(very underrated IMO) and knows where the right spots are and when to be there(despite his iron hands).

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

while that may be true, but if you watched earlier in the season, the reason we reverted back to JVG-style most of the time was b/c we struggled mightily on offense the first 10 games (hence the losing streak earlier) and the main guy struggling was yao (his pts were down, fg% down b/c he played in the high post too much).

20. Astockmarketgod

Tmac is just lazy on the court... if he did more work without the ball he would make it so much easier for himself... but frankly I dont care about the regular season... if he wants to cruise... then fine...

but come the playoffs... when many games come down last minute plays... he needs to smarten up.... stop shooting those off balance 22 footers with someone on him... and do some movement without the ball...