1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Syncing Outlook calendar with Samsung Galaxy S III mini

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by arno_ed, Aug 30, 2013.

1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Ok I’m getting annoyed. On my work i have an e-mail account which is linked to my outlook. I use this account for my work and private appointments

I used to have a HTC phone, and i used HTC sync to sync my outlook account and my phone.

Recently I switched to a Samsung galaxy SIII mini. And I’m trying to find a good free program which i can use to sync my phone with my outlook calendar.

I looked with google. I read about Google calendar sync, but this first syncs my outlook with my google account and then sync it to with phone (if I understand it correctly). I do not want that. I do not want my google account between my phone and my work account. besides that there were dozens of programs mentioned, and I prefer to know that a program is good before I download stuff on my work pc.

So does anybody know a good free (I am still Dutch so I'm cheap) program to sync my calendar from my outlook with my phone?

Thanks in advance

2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Do you use exchange at work?

3. arno_ed

Not that I know of:cool:

4. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Could you verify? It would makes things tremendously easier.

On the bottom status bar of your Outlook main pane does it say "Connected to Exchange" or do you know if your company has a page like https://mail.companynamehere.com/owa

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Considering most apps of this sort would be less than $10 USD, is it really that important that it be free?

6. BiGGieStuFF

why don't you want your google account involved? I think it's rather an elegant solution. you can select one way or 2 way sync. makes it nice because if you add something on your google calendar it adds to your outlook, IF you choose it to be.

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

you can always create a separate google account only for your "outlook" syncs

8. arno_ed

It is a matter of principle, why should i pay for something that should be included in the product.

Also it is stupid that i have to include a google account. Why should i need a google account to link my phone to my work account.

9. BiGGieStuFF

Well are you on exchange or not?

10. arno_ed

I can't check at the moment. Time difference and all. I'll check on monday. Thanks in advance.

11. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

I'm pretty sure he's on an Exchange account.

12. Scionxa

Can't be so sure, I've seen some idiot companies use POP mail.

13. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Does POP sync calendars?

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope.

15. arno_ed

Ok I Checked, I am on exchange. :grin:

16. Scionxa

Since you are on Exchange, syncing Outlook with a tool is pointless. Your phone supports activesync.

Contact your IT department and have them provide you with instructions on setting it up.

If they're using hosted exchange, it'll be a unique server address. If it's on-site, it'll be something like http://mail.yourcompanyname.com and they can provide you with the domain name if necessary.

All you'd do on your phone is go to menu>settings> accounts> and I believe on Samsung phones, exchange shows up as "Corporate".

Your e-mail, contacts, and calendar/s will populate and e-mail will be pushed out instantly.

1 person likes this.
  17. arno_ed

Thanks I'll see what I can do. unfortunatly our ICT does not support my phone since i bought it outside of the company:(.

18. arno_ed

It worked thanks. I didn't need the IT, i could figure it out myself (with the help of your post).