1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Swann] Remote view access ; Port forward

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Luckyazn, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

I purchased a Swann DVR-1425 and have set up everything according to the manual. I can access the cameras on my PC locally, and have registered for a DDNS domain name at swanndvr.com

I can not however, get it to view remotely on my cell phone. I have downloaded the Swann App and entered the DDNS domain name and password that was registered. The manual mentioned to use the default server port 9000 for the remote viewing. Should I use that or the HTTP Port 85 right below the Server Port.

Could the issue be port forwarding in my router? When I logged into the router, it gives me the following:
    Service Name

Global Port Range -
    Base Host Port
    Protocol

What should I enter under Global Port Range and Base Host Port? The 9000 or 85

Any advise would help... Thanks!

2. rocketsbay

rocketsbay Member

If the service is running on port 9000 locally on your network just setup your router for port forwarding for port 9000. If the service works locally on your network with your app but not from the internet port forwarding is probably the issue.

3. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

You need to setup fowarding from Modem to Router then Router to DVR. You have to do it for both ports 9000 and 85. Then it should work fine. I set a few up the past few months

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Not to be "that" guy, but those cheap DVR's suck ass.

You need to find the "port forwarding" area or "virtual server".

FIgure out what your IP Address is for your DVR.

Then set the port forward (9000) to that IP address.

5. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Not just that, but it'll likely be best if he sets up the DVR with either a static IP outside of the scope of DHCP, or create an IP address reservation in the router.

Then from there he should port forward to that IP.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I think it's different if you're viewing it through regular HTTP port and your app on your phone.

I believe that the phone's app is trying to access it through the port that's in the manual. Check the ports on the apps and manual and make them all the same, even in port forwarding. You would end up trying to view the remote camera on that port if going through a browser, like http://luckyaznscamera.something.com:9000/ or otherwise as directed. As long as you have no other service in your router at home forwarding to 9000 or the same port, you should be golden. A golden lucky azn, I would say.

I've set up a few cameras at the SwoLy household recently, but through AT&T's firewall on their gateway. It's not very difficult. :eek: The difference is the app vs. the regular HTTP or HTTPs way.