1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Survivor - NBA Player comparisons

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fadeaway, Jul 29, 2000.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Y'know, there are a lot of similarities between the cast of Survivor and some players in the NBA. For instance:

Gervase - Tall, skinny black guy who just wants to have fun.

Kevin Garnett - Tall, skinny black guy who just wants to have fun.

---

Sean - Sure, he's a doctor so he must be smart, and he's made it pretty far (so far) so he must be doing something right, but, his dumb ideas (bowling alley, alphabet voting strategy) make him seem like an idiot.

Shaq - Sure, he's the top center in the NBA so he must have talent, and he's already won a championship so he must be doing something right, but, the dumb things he says (Big Aristotle, etc) make him seem like an idiot.

---

Rich - A crafty, manipulative backstabber with a HUGE ego who thinks he is better than everyone else. Rich has no problems stabbing his tribe members in the back to get what he wants. Plus, he's gay, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Scottie Pippen - A crafty, manipulative backstabber with a HUGE ego who thinks he is better than everyone else. Pippen had no problems stabbing the Rockets in the back to get what he wanted. Plus, he might be gay, not that there's anything wrong with that.

---

Dirk - Deeply religious guy who is still a virgin. Pretty good at immunity challenges, etc..

AC Green - Deeply religious guy who is still a virgin. Still pretty good at rebounding, doing the dirty work, etc..

---

BB - A hard worker. Does everything himself and then complains because no one else in the tribe is pulling their weight.

Gary Payton - A good player. Does everything himself and then complains because no one else on the team is pulling their weight.

---

Rudy - An old, grizzled veteran who has no problems whatsoever telling people how he feels. Doesn't worry about 'stepping on toes' or offending anyone.

Charles Barkley - An old, grizzled NBA veteran who has no problems whatsoever telling people how he feels. Doesn't worry about 'stepping on toes' or offending anyone.

---

Joel - Seems to think he is an integral part of his tribe that they can't afford to be without, but he's really just a scrub.

Glen Rice - Seems to think he is an integral part of the Lakers that they can't afford to be without, but he's really just a scrub.

---

Greg - Everyone thought he'd last longer on the show.

Jason Collier - Everyone thought he'd last longer in the draft.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel-boy.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

nice one fadeaway [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Rockets/Raiders Fan Club

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I myself would like to see either Sean or Gervase win , Gervase is the only one really playing by the rules and Sean is just the nice guy having a good time . Rich Rudy and Susan sicken me Kelly would too but she has dropped out of the alliance

Richard - crafy veteran walks around naked

Dennis Rodman - crafty veteran walks aroud naked

------------------

[This message has been edited by moestavern19 (edited July 30, 2000).]

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I honestly don't care who wins as long as it's not Rich. I hate that egotistical b*stard.

I'd like to see Rudy win it. He's hilarious.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel-boy.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Kelly and Sue backstab Rich. It doesn't get any better.

I am not giving anything away. I saw it on the promos for this week.
    ------------------
    Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe - Pet Shop Boys Forever - It's a Sin

[This message has been edited by Smokey (edited July 30, 2000).]

6. Smokey

About another reality based TV show, Julie, 20 year old Mormon girl on Real World, was kicked out of BYU.

She's better off not going to BYU anyway.

------------------
    Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe - Pet Shop Boys Forever - It's a Sin

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Real World and Road Rules I watch

Road Rules: Katherine and L.T., Too bad for Katherine. It's clear she messed up by fooling around and now she's going to pay the price. I thought she was hot. I give credit to L.T. for keeping it under wraps as long as he did. He could have busted out with th truth, especially when the boyfriend showed up, but he kept his mouth shut and sucked it up. Theo is the man. He's real.

Real World: Why isn't the dork going after Julie the mormon? He could not do any better than her if you ask me. But both he and Jaimie have some major self control not to jump in the sack. Got to give them credit for that. The girl with glasses has got to be the funniest person the show has ever had. She is way out of control, but too funny.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

8. Smokey

Katherine thinks she's Bill Clinton. What doesn't she understand about sexual relations? She and LT got it on and now she has to pay.

------------------
    Bernard Sumner & Johhny Marr are Electronic

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The only chance Gervase has in hell is to win the rest of the immunity challenges - Big Brother sucks i hate it so much its soo annoying I cant stand it No body does anything accept talk talk talk , i thought Will Mega was the best one in the house cause he told people what he thought . Britney is ugly as Hell , Jordan is slutty little ***** and probably had a sex change , Jamie is cute I aint got no problem with her . Josh looks like the devil but Jordan is the one who screwed around with his mind . Curtis is too boring thats everyone said , Curtis is boring lets kick him out . None of them really deserve the money , maybe George is the only one who could benefit from it , if he doesnt accidently shoot one of the other housemates .

------------------

10. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

How about Cato & Gervase?

They both look like studs, but then during competitions they both sit down & quit while slow dairy farmers run past them for the win!

Also they both end up millionares!

------------------

11. Smokey

Anyone know what happened on Road Rules last night? I was watching the GOP convention and forgot all about it. Any update would be appreciated.

------------------
    Bernard Sumner & Johnny Marr are Electronic

12. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Is it just me or does Gervase look like Gary Payton?

BTW, pretty funny post fadeaway. Got a little time to kill? [​IMG]

------------------

13. Smokey

The good news from Survivor tonight was that Gervase got voted off. That means that survivorsucks.com was wrong. The money is still up for grabs.

The bad news from Survivor tonight was that Rich got immunity. I hope Rich knows that the former Survivors decide who gets the money.

------------------
    Bernard Sumner & Johnny Marr are Electronic