1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Surprise of the draft.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swift Turnaround, May 24, 2000.

1. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Popeye I can see the Clips taking Fizer because Taylor will be gone but not Miles. It dosen't make sense especially since they have Odom at the small forward spot(then again we are talking about the clips)
    I can see the clips taking Fizer or Alexander to replace Anderson. If the clips do draft Swift I bet there will be a trade involed. Could the Rockets be that team?

------------------
    ballplayer

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My draft surprise: Desmond Mason

Can a good defender with an outside shot, and a 40+ vertical 4 year college maturity really not do well?

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

3. Swami

Swami Member

DeMarr Johnson is my suprise pick. He is only a freshman so he may take a year or two to mature, but he is 6'9" and can fill it up from outside and can blow past you off the dribble. I'd take him in a NY second if he were available at the #9. The Rockets have a somewhat short squad and they aren't the best outside shooters. DeMarr would help address both these areas of need. Furthermore, we don't know for sure that we can resign Cuttino (do you really think the Jazz thought they would loose Shandon Anderson to free agency?) Finally, at 6'9" if he muscles up, he could play SF (and how many more years are really left in Walt Williams and Matt Bullards knees anyway). He is, IMO, a perfect fit for the Rockets!!

------------------

4. 3pointer

3pointer Member

I posted this on the draft forum. Could this be a hint that C-town will take Fizer ?

Fizer Moves to Chicago

According to the Ames Tribune, Marcus Fizer Has Moved to Chicago. 'Future NBA lottery pick Marcus Fizer has put school on hold and moved to an apartment in Chicago, where he has hired a trainer. Fizer’s moves are made in the hope that he will be in top shape when NBA teams begin calling to set up individual workouts later this month, Eustachy said. Fizer’s agent, Henry Thomas, is based in Chicago, and the NBA’s pre-draft camp will be held there in early June.' However, there are also rumblings out of Chicago that if the Bulls cannot move up in the draft and get Chris Mihm, that Fizer is the highest on their draft list. So perhaps Fizer is just moving closer to his new home.

this is the link http://www.gocyclones.com/mbb_full.cfm?num=1096

------------------
    It's all about marketing !

5. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Mark "Mad Dog" Madsen.

He won the first round of the Dunk contest at Phoenix over Desmond Mason, Gabe Mouneke and "Speedy" Claxton. Supposedly, he did this by throwing down the dunks with extreme ferocity and even dunking two balls at once. Mason won the whole thing though.

At Stanford, he also motivated the other players on the team with his hustle and effort so that they hustled more and gave more effort themselves. Oh, he also has a 39-inch vert.

------------------

6. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The surprise of the draft won't be a player. It will be the fact that Don Nelson will draft a US born player.

------------------

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think that Swift should go on record and say that he doesn't want to and won't sign with any of these teams

NJ
    Vancouver
    Clippers
    Bulls
    Magic
    Hawks
    Bulls again(just to make sure)
    and finally
    the Cavs

That way the Rockets could get him without having to do any dealing!!!
    Thats my plan!

------------------
    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!