1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SURA Is the X Factor PART II

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 2, 2006.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

When Sura comes back, people will post that we have no team chemistry!!

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The thing we need is Sura's take no prisoners attitude. He wouldn't let the game get mishandled by the refs. He forced the retalation and forced the refs to keep it fair on both ends. We have no one that will go down the other end and lay the wood on anybody. Sura gives us that...........attitude..........that we so desparately need right now.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

[Chorus: DMX]
    First we gonna ROCK, Then we gonna ROLL
    Then we let it POP, GO LET IT GO
    X gon give it to ya
    He gon give it to ya
    X gon give it to ya
    He gon give it to ya
    [Repeat Once]

5. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

He's playing full court now according to the chronicle. Just a matter of time before he returns to practice.

6. rocketsmetalspd

SURA is the X-Factor. Although his healing powers have been slowed down with all the aliments he has had. I can't wait because with Sura we get that tough edge that we lack.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Just the thought of him coming back excites me, but, you know, we have heard nothing about his practice performances, like he is looking great, faster than ever, has got his hops back, or anything of the sort. My take is that he is simply too beat up to play at the NBA level, nobody wants to tell him that, and they are going to let him finally come to that conclusion. I hope I am wrong. He is one of my favorites.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

when sura comes back they'll talk about how he is not getting Yao the ball

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sura is an important role player and was so last year, no question - but let's keep in mind that he came back at/around the perfect time - Jon Barry and Wesley adjusted and got acclimated, McGrady moved back to SF and wasn't chasing guards around - the rotation was finally getting set - Yao historically has his best games of the season around December through February. Plus, tinman's nemesis Howard finally began having some decent shooting games. Oh, and we ditched total chump players like Charlie Ward and Mo Taylor and Jim Jackson and played more efficient guys like Padgett. So I would chalk up at least some of it to conicidence and circumstance

Now, obviously, he must have had a lot to do with the Rockets prosperity last year - he's an excellent player for us though I wish he was a better shooter sometimes - but it's dangerous (well, not dangerous to us, since we have nothing to do with the team really) to put all your eggs in that basket - expecially given the hole we're in and given the fact that he's historically only available 50% or lso of any given season and isn't getting any younger.

Sura may be an X factor, but it was obvious watching a few of the last games that we're like, 2x or 3x away from being a good team even when healthy.

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Thanks Debbie Downer.

11. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

lets go with a nicer song, such as Danke Schoen or I will always love you by Dolly Parton/Whitney Houston.

12. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Couldnt agree more. Sura was the glue that held the team together last year.

13. MC74

MC74 Contributing Member

I have bumped into Sura twice in a month, once New Years Eve.
    A friend of mine lives in the same building he does and lastnight.
    I was with a group of buddies at the Strip House (it's a steak-house) and spoke with him for a couple minutes.
    Sura said he would be back this season if they are in a playoff hunt. If not he might just rehab until next season. He looked good and is a nice guy both times I have run into him, he has been with the same blond stripper looking girl. Anyway he could return after the allstar break, according to him.

14. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

Is next season his final contract year with Rockets? I think Sura can be a spark off the bench for PG, SG and SF position.

Man, I still recall that JVG said before the season that if everyone was healthy he would have problems to distribute minutes among guards. :(

15. tinman

Supporting Member

you have to have a song where X is part of the theme.

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

If he plays like he did last season then it will once again be true. Sura refused to pass to an open and calling Yao Ming more than anyone else on the Rockets Team.

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

It's all about chemistry...and Sura was the most important guy to the teams on-court chemistry last year. He improves this team in so many ways...

and please spare us on the Sura/Yao BS.

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

sura was the third best player on the team last year and probably would be again this season. this team would look totally different if we saw chuck hayes and sura on the court at the same time. my hope right now is that he comes back this season and plays well enough to give it one more go next year.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I agree with Sam, that sura came along at a good time with wesley and barry and howard starting to play well.

but I do agree a healthy sura and hayes would make a huge difference.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Yao needs to hang with Sura so he can find some hot women in town.