1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suprise Suprise

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BobFinn*, Nov 30, 2000.

1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Rider acting up again!!!

Thursday, November 30, 2000
    Reports: Rider threatens reporters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com news services

LOS ANGELES -- Another team, another tirade for Isaiah Rider.

The volatile Lakers guard reportedly threw a tirade at reporters Wednesday when questioned about an alleged shouting match with general manager Mitch Kupchak the night before.

According to the Los Angeles Daily News, Rider was angered by reports Wednesday of his argument with Kupchak, during which Rider reportedly said of coach Phil Jackson, "I don't give a (deleted) how many championships he's won."

Rider played only the final four minutes in Tuesday's victory over the Indiana Pacers. Jackson said afterward that Rider, who had a checkered past when he joined the team as a free agent before this season, arrived about an hour late for the game.

Rider wanted the reporters to either retract the quote or confirm it or suffer consequences.

According to the Orange County Register, Rider said: "And you can call David Stern and tell him I threatened you."

Rider blamed heavy traffic for his arrival about 30 minutes before tipoff of the Pacers' game at Staples Center. He has been late for games three times this season.

Rider, who practiced Wednesday, was fined $100 for his Tuesday tardiness, the Register reported.

According to the Long Beach Press Telegram, Kupchak did not dispute the incident. But Rider denied making the remark, then told reporters: "If you're all worried about your livelihood, your family, eating and living life, retract it or go get it confirmed. If it's not confirmed, I'm telling you right now, same way you throw darts at me, I will throw the darts back ... Take it how you want to take it."

Rider has averaged 21.5 minutes in 15 games this season. He's averaging 8.7 points a game.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

2. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Unbelievable. Where the hell does this guy get off? I'm not just talking about this story, but his whole career. I actually hoped he would mature for once this season, and that Jackson would be good for him. Boy, was I wrong. We could have a Rodmanlike character going here...his talent makes everyone want him...but his personality makes everyone glad he's not on their team.

------------------
    Jazzkiller

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love it!

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."