1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Supposedly O'Brien had to be restrained from Brock...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Or.....how about just doing as well as they did elsewhere? BOB isn't a defensive coach, he's an offensive coach and so far the QB's he's had the team go after have been bad and even worse they've been worse here than they were elsewhere meaning that he didn't even maximize their potential.

What good is he if he doesn't improve either side of the ball and he can't maximize his players' potential? So far all we've seen from him is that he's good at throwing temper tantrums and is amazing at calling terrible offensive plays. Of course the common defense of him is the team's W/L record but how much of that is BOB and how much of that is RAC's defense? I think it's a legitimate question.

As to if Brock will get any better......BOB's history shows that Brock will do better simply by leaving Houston, so far pretty much every QB has.

juanm34 likes this.
  2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Defending Brock till the end... hot take alert.

Thinking any of the other QB options failed simply due to coaching... another hot take.

The offense actually looked somewhat consistent under Keenum, Yates and Weeden. Don't forget to include them in the stigma of guys who should have been "better".

3. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Houston fans are so full of ****. Same thing with the Rockets. When a signing/hiring goes well the trailer-trash give Morey credit. When it goes poorly they claim Les Alexander made Morey sign the guy/coach. O'Brien wanted Osweiler.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, no, I'm not defending Brock at all if you were following along in conversation. I also never said that the QB's "failed" due to coaching, I said that they were worse and had more problems here than they did elsewhere....damn you need to work on your reading comprehension kid, you are straight up embarrassing yourself.

I assume you made it past primary school which means there's no excuse in you struggling this much.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This honestly sounds like one sides take (Obriens)

macho GRANDE likes this.
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Pretty clear that booby goes on the defensive with the insults when his Mancrush for hot takes and Brock love gets exposed.

Again, anybody in here honestly thinking any of these QB's underachieved simply due to coaching should probably find a less educated bbs to permeate.

Hilarious that he's trying to suppress his expert opinion that they'd keep Brock and he'd get better.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Except it doesn't benefit Obrien at all... and is it that far fetched?

It's doubtful that any coach would just randomly start an altercation.

Breaking news is that Mallets alarm clock was also Obriens fault. We only heard one side of the story.

TheFreak and macho GRANDE like this.
  8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I agree Obrien still looks bad I just think osweiler would have a different perspective on what happened

macho GRANDE likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah yes, pointing out your embarrassingly poor reading comprehension is "going on the defensive" and hurling "insults".....

Seriously kid, just be better. No one will be upset if you adequately follow along in conversation for the first time.

As to the QB's underachieving, you can blame it on whatever you like, but every single QB since BOB has been the head coach has underachieved compared to what they did elsewhere....at this point it's a trend. Perhaps you'd feel better blaming Bob McNair, Rick Smith, or whatever makes you sleep better at night but it doesn't matter, the point is they ALL have underachieved compared to how they performed elsewhere and that's undeniable.

Honestly kid, you should probably stick to baseball, just know your limitations and act accordingly.

10. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Romeo Crennel is the reason for Houston's success. If Bob McEnron wasn't such a racist he'd pay Crennel all of $1 less than O'Brien.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Booby telling people what they should do provides the pinnacle of entertainment in here.

The same guy who called the Broncos terrible the year they won the super bowl.

The same guy who believed in Ryan freakin Mallett, and thinks he's gone on to have a great career.

The same guy who said Brock would/should be kept and could get better with MORE time.

And yet others need to "keep up"...

(Btw, booby's easy tell is she starts calling people "kid" and starts talking about peoples education when he/she is flustered... it's quite robotic)

the11mingdynasty and Mr. Clutch like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, and you remember things in such a slanted and inaccurate way....just yet another one of your failings on display.

Try for once to add something to the conversation instead of your usual nonsense. I mean the whole cycle where I call you out for being wrong and embarrassing yourself only for you to ignore it and embarrass yourself in a different way is getting really old. If you aren't going to take my advice and stick to baseball, at least make an effort to do something other than feeble attempts at trolling. Try talking about the actual topic of conversation for a change. With every post you show why in 18 years you've managed only 671 "likes" or rep. I'm trying to make you better than you are, work with me.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Wow. He/she must have really been shaken by some of those hot take greatest hits. Notice how none of them were disputed... they really did happen. Desperately trying to bring up "likes" as if it's some sort of metric of intelligence (and naturally, she's clueless that this bbs had no such feature for the first 12 years of its existence).

But if that's all that matters, it's quite telling that I get a crap ton of likes for pointing out each crappy hot take post that you've made that ended up failing in spectacular fashion.

Why is it relevant here? Because you're usually dead wrong. And the more words you use to try and defend it, the more wrong you usually are.

And since your terrible hot take posts hog up most of the bandwidth on here on a daily basis... why don't you contribute at least once to the tip jar? You know you'd have nothing else to do if this site didn't exist.

30k posts in 3 years? That's sad.

14. rugg31

rugg31 Member

Fitz... his year in Houston was his best to that point in his career. The following year he threw more TD in NY but overall stats were similar or less.

Hoyer... best year in career his first in Houston. He played fairly well in five meaningless games in Chi last year.

Mallet... is bad everywhere but he wakes up in Baltimore.

Osweiler... played okay at best in Denver in what was a simplified offense for him in limited time. Really bad in Houston.

Weeden... won his start here where he couldn't win in Dallas same season.

Yates... came off the bench and won and won his start. Was mediocre under Kubiak. Has he played anywhere else?

So based on this you're pointing to the fact Hoyer played well in five meaningless games and that Mallet wakes up on time now to prove your point that QB's play better elsewhere?

macho GRANDE and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Clearly I have more of value to say than you do.....which is why I'm trying to help you. You've been around a LONG time and have had almost nothing of value to say in 18 years.....that's what is really sad. You don't even seem to realize that you have had almost nothing of value to say since you joined this bbs....perhaps that's even worse.

Anyway, I gave you a chance to try and be a real poster with legitimate and on topic things to say, but unfortunately your shortcomings simply won't allow that to happen so I think it's best for everyone if I just block you. Have fun kiddo, for what it's worth, I hope that one day you'll grow up (rather than just growing old) and will have something of value to contribute in conversation....I'm just not going to wait around for that to happen any longer.

You've derailed your last thread.

#95 Bobbythegreat, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Booby posting 1000 words kids to announce she's blocking somebody.

Anything to run up that post count.

"Clearly I have more of value to say" in response to how it's remotely possible that somebody has nothing better to do than post 30,000 times in 3 years... AND somebody who doesn't contribute to the upkeep of this site...speaks volumes to the quality of poster he/she truly is.

Much more than simply "likes"... which apparently causes him/her to get off.

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pointing out that Fitz threw for a career high in TD's upon leaving on a significantly worse team, Hoyer didn't throw even one interception in his 5 starts in Chicago upon leaving when he was an interception waiting to happen here, Mallett no longer had off the field problems upon leaving (and didn't have them in the NFL previous to being here) to the point where the team that got him liked him enough to give him a new contract, Osweiler played better before getting here, Weeden did have one pretty decent start here.....but it's such a small sample that I didn't even factor him in, and Yates has only played in Houston so there's nothing to compare it to.

We've yet to have this offensive minded head coach we brought in do anything to show that he's providing value to the team. All of his offenses have been pretty meh and have gotten steadily worse every season to the point where they are outright terrible.....why is it we give him a pass for that? If not for RAC's defense, where would the Texans be?

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

"Mallett not having problems prior to coming to Houston..."

lol, some posters are just that bad...

the11mingdynasty and justtxyank like this.
  19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

20. rugg31

rugg31 Member

Significantly worse team when he had Marshall and Decker for weapons? The reason they didn't make the playoffs was because of a Fitz meltdown in their last game. All he had was a second year Nuk in Houston. Still his ypa, completion %, and rating were all lower in NY.

So yes, you're driving this narrative of everyone being better away from O'Brien with Fitz one year of about equal, five meaningless Hoyer starts (folds when it counts), and Mallet while sucking everywhere isn't a problem outside of Houston. Not the strongest argument going.

I see you flipped the convo to defense to change the direction of the topic. I mentioned nothing about the defense. Yes, the defense has carried the team most of O'Brien's time with the Texans.

Yaosthirdleg and Two Sandwiches like this.