1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaoMing#1, Jan 28, 2016.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I just think KD and harden have more chemistry on the court together than Westbrook. I also think harden is a more under control player and that it is easier to play with than somone like westbrook. Not to mention harden is the better shooter.

I also think JH and KD are better friends than KD and Russ.

So I agree it is a legit concern I don't think it would stop them from becoming a dominant duo together especailly when you have dwight and Horford down low.

2. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Besides, the best thing for Durant to do is to sign a 1-year deal with OKC, get paid more in 2017, and also see if OKC re-signs Westbrook and Ibaka in 2017.

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I get that but if that team gets killed by the Warriors what should make KD think that core will ever get it done?

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

Rather pass on Horford to get a true floor general.

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Would you rather have Conley/Durant over Horford/Durant?

Because I don't think in the Conley scenario you can keep dmo or jones which would kill us as PF.

I guess you could trade bev but I think he's the ideal ph next to harden/Durant out on the wing.

Curious what your thoughts are?

I kinda hope we get matched up with the thunder in the 3/6 matchup in the playoffs. If we won that series, which I think we can. It would go a long way in proving to KD that this Houston team is better than staying with Russ and Ibaka in okc.

If the rockets had handled business earlier in the year and beat the teams they should as they are now we would have a record similar to the clips and okc. Hopefully KD sees it that way too and thinks adding to our core alone is enough to get us over the top.

I think JH/Durant is a deadly combo and much better than him and Westbrook I think hardens game is better suited to the style KD wants to play.

I know it was just and exhibition game but try and watch that scrimmage when Paul George broke his leg. KD and JH were killing it playing two man game. You can just tell they have good chemisty on the court. I think brh players had like 16 pts in 8 min they were swinging it back and forth launching 3s from everywhere. That combo could work well.

Gotta keep dwight too though.

6. dream2franchise

Sadly if I'm a player like Durant I'm going to a select few teams:

Atlanta
    Dallas (Welp)
    Boston
    Detroit

Dark Horse: Portland, Miami.

I'm looking for elite coaches with tenure, or the next best tier.

I don't know how and it would pain me to see him in Dallas (Blech), but these teams have the coaching and front office to challenge GS and consistently compete.

I don't see how JBB can be something that puts us over the top in free agency, but Morey has consistently built competitive teams so we have that.

7. OpenLayup-Why3?

1. Durant is resigning in OKC for 1 year.
    2. Rest of this plan doesn't matter anymore, because read 1.

8. malakas

malakas Member

yes he is. If you dont' want to pay him max that's fine. There will be multiple teams who will. Atlanta first of all.

9. onreego

onreego Member

Why would he do that versus a multiyear deal?

10. malakas

malakas Member

the theory why Durant would do that is because if he has one more year experience he will get bumped to the next max contract of 9 years experience that together with the next cap rise will put his max from 25 mil to I think 33 mil. And only he and Lebron basically are certain to get that.

11. onreego

onreego Member

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I get the coaching part that is big and I didn't think about that.

But what does dallas have talent wise that's better than Houston? They have Wes Mathews locked into max money which is always going to be a problem in trying to add talent, Plus they have no young talent.

Also Detroit is intersting but I know for fact that KD and Reggie Jackson hate each other. KD won't even say his name in public. So I don't know how that would work from that standpoint but it would be the best team in the east imo if he did go there.

Boston? No thanks I don't get why everyone thinks there assets are so great. They have a bunch of role players no stars or anyone with star potential.

Atlanta is interesting and if they could retain everyone Horford included that is the best team for him over even GS because he stays the clear number one surrounded by a bunch of team first players with a good system.

Damn I like that Atlanta option a little too much but didn't look at there cap situation. So who knows how that works.

I guess I'm just going to bank on KD and Harden being best friends and both wanting to play with each other.

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

He's def going to get the Max I just would hope all 3 in dwight KD and Horford woukd take a little less to play on a super team with legit title aspirations.

I mean 17 mil for Horford is pretty good but he doesn't get the offourt money like Durant does so who knows if he's willing to that.

I think dwight can be had at 18 mil if you give him a 4 year deal but the way he's been playing some dumb bad team will offer him max 26 mil a year.

Just got to hope dwight values playing for a winner over money which I actually think he does.

14. malakas

malakas Member

It's not that good 17 mil per anymore. Not when the rookie max will be 25 per at least, the summer of 2017. Not when the likes of Kanter makes almost that. Not when Chandler who is 100 years old makes 13 per.

Here if you have time take a peak :
    http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1424664

when fans speculate a Noah and Zaza contract of 12 per (which instantly becomes albatross) and the fans ALWAYS underestimate the market, then we have a problem.

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

If that's the case then I guess we all better get used to the Warriors winning the chip for Te next 4 years.

16. dream2franchise

Dallas doesn't have the talent Houston does, yet look at how well they are playing. This is kind of my point.

Hey I hope KD chooses Houston as well, but I'm tired of pinning my hopes on the big fish.

I just think that elite coaches are at a premium right now and I'd want to play for a top 5 coach if possible.

I'm pretty sure any team with a player that isn't of KD's preference would be shipped quick smart.

I do wonder if KD is that type of player you can incorporate into a 'system' or if, like Harden, T-Mac and Lebron, they are the system.

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

That's an excellent point. Unless we repeat to the conference finals, I don't see how we can convince Durant that he will be in a better situation here than OKC.

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Dude creeps on boys and he knows it

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

But are they really playing that good? They've been playing .500 or worse for the last 6 weeks.

They have a lot of vets so I don't see it as a surprise that their record is what it is. Let's see how they finish.... Carlise is great though top 3 coach.

20. dream2franchise

Most people predicted the Mavs to be complete trash but they've competed hard and played the top teams very well.

Their team is based around a very old Dirk (playing very well to his credit), two players coming off major surgery and Deron Williams. I'd say .500 ball is a tremendous achievement.

I was looking forward to them toiling at the bottom of the standings but it hasn't happened.

Just think of what Dallas could do with top tier talent with Carlisle at the helm. They may tail off at the end, but they are way above what most people expected and that's due to great coaching.

And I hate the Mavericks, so stop making me give them props! :grin: