1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Bowl LIV: San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 19, 2020.

?

Super Bowl LIV: San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

Poll closed Feb 2, 2020.
  1. 49ers

54.8%
  2. Chiefs

45.2%
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Uhh it’s one metro area.

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It's like DFW....they are considered a "Metro" area because they are close together, but they are 2 different cities in 2 different states. NYC/Northern NJ are considered a "Metro Area", but they are 2 different states.

Going to KC, KS is TOTALLY different than KC, MO.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

NYC's football teams do play in Northern NJ, though. :)

4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

As a Niners fan and Rockets fan, idk why the **** I didn't see the choke coming.

Honestly just want to slit my ****ing throat.

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

And that "OPI" call at the end of the half was utter bullshit and you're a ****ing idiot if you think otherwise.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he broke the madden curse

rrj_gamz likes this.
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

Think it was obvious who the best team was, and they won, but barely. The 3 and out felt like the end. Mindset plus talent won it. KC felt the pressure, for sure, almost cracked, but at the end of the day they busted out.

seemoreroyals and deb4rockets like this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

True...lol.

9. likestohypeguy

Heh Nick Wright is FEELING it this morning. He's got those tuft plugs jelled up hard and died jet black. And now with an audience of Eddie George and Chris Canty at the desk, he's dropping his verbs- "Nah he down, HE DOWN!", punctuated with the dismissive arm swipes.

He'll go back to his stern browed, tented fingertips, intellectual speak persona once Mangini comes out.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Shanahan now owns the two biggest SB comeback losses.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The only guy I feel a bit sorry (not too much because he can afford to lose a million bucks) is Mattress Mac. Good guy unlike that fake minister Joel Osteen.

12. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Brady should go to the 49ers

13. Damion Laverne

Shanahan blew it again lol

Jimmy G shrunk

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

He does, but to me, I could only fault maybe one or two play calls in the fourth quarter. His players didn't handle the pressure, at all, and it's hard to fault him for passing on things like 2nd and 9, 3rd and 10, etc. Agree with BSPN's Barnwell that the big mistake was probably being slow and conservative at the end of the 2nd half (before the big pass was called back -- why start so slow, letting time bleed away like that?)

The dude I feel sorry for is Joe Staley in all this. Might have been his last shot.

I have to wonder if the Chiefs were somehow just much better conditioned than most of the NFL. Why were they fresher than their opponents in the 4th quarters of 3 straight games? Seemed really obvious. Maybe they put meth in their orange gatorade.

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I do not think they have enough money to do it. But it would not matter much, next year he is going to be one year older, and more slow.

16. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

A great SP game, a great half time show too. I do not know why some people complained the half time show, because they do not like these women?

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It's a shame that a coach of a team that has failed (using your criteria) 4 times and in the only two non failed (using your criteria) seasons got blown out in the second round of the playoffs has "ATLEAST" (were you texting while driving again?) two more seasons.

Major likes this.
  18. SuraGotMadHops

19. Major

Major Member

I think it was the right decision at the end of the half for the 49ers. They aren't really a quick strike team, and KC is. 49ers would have had to go into throwing mode and that's not what makes them good - it risked a lot of incompletions stopping the clock or even a turnover. If KC gets the ball with 20-30 seconds left, they probably can get a FG there. If they have a minute-plus, you're looking a possible TD. I'm normally not a fan of being conservative in key situations, but if there's ever one team it makes sense against, it's KC. Bascially, SF's odds of scoring there were a lot lower than KC's.

KC is just too good. When they were down by 10 in the 4th, I didn't think there was much doubt that they could score twice. The only question was whether the 49ers could score or not - but the Chiefs did the same thing they did with the Texans and Titans - playing shutdown defense and unstoppable offense when needed.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

They have a strong pass-blocking TE who's good at catching passes (Kittle) and a solid, speedy young star-in-the-making (Samuel).

It's very similar to NE's offense with Gronkowski and Edelman; add to that a great defense and a solid run game, with competent coaching?

AND Jimmy G as a backup when Brady decides to hang it up for good? It's the perfect situation for Brady...who's also a California guy.